Rhythm Nation - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 930
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Contemporary R&B
- Mono / Stereo
- Rhythm Nation 1814
Producers: Jimmy Jam, Terry Lewis, Janet Jackson.
Personnel: Janet Jackson (vocals, keyboards, background vocals); Jellybean Johnson (vocals, guitar, drums, background vocals); James Greer, Warlesha Ryan, Reshard Taylor, Anthony Thomas , John McClain, Jamial Lafleur, Steve Wilson, Sonya Robinson, Shante Owens, Tshaye Marks, Randy Ran, Rene Elizondo, Clarice Rupert, Steve Hodge (vocals, background vocals); Tamika McDaniel (vocals); David Barry (guitar, electric guitar, 12-string guitar); Nicholas Raths (guitar, classical guitar); John McLain (guitar, background vocals); Jesse Johnson (guitar); Kathy Kienzle (harp); Julie Ayer, Hanley Daws, Carolyn Daws (violin); Tamas Strasser, John Tartaglia (viola); Joshua Koestenbaum, Peter Howard (cello); Herb Alpert (trumpet, brass, horns); Jimmy Jam (piano, keyboards, drums, percussion, programming); Terry Lewis (percussion, background vocals); Johnny Gill (percussion); David Eiland (programming); Tarnika McDaniel, Lisa Keith (background vocals).
Recording information: Flyte Time Productions Studio, Minneapolis, MN; MPR Studio, St. Paul, MN.
Photographer: Guzman/Rotterdam Conservatory Orquesta Tipica.
Arrangers: Janet Jackson; Lee Blaske; Terry Lewis.
Little did you know that the American national anthem, "God Bless America", was written in 1814. Janet did, and she sets out in RHYTHM NATION to dish out a bit of "let's all work together for a better world and improve our way of life" type thing. This vein continues for a number of tracks, and admirable though it is, she sounds so much more convincing singing a good old-fashioned love song. The Jacksons were meant to dance, not to sermonize. That said, "Miss You Much", "Lonely" and "Come Back To Me:" are fabulous. Slick, sweet soul sung and played perfectly.
- Country of Origin
- A&M (USA)
- Studio / Live
- Janet Jackson
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Interlude: Pledge
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Rhythm Nation
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Interlude: T.V.
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] State of the World
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Interlude: Race
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Knowledge, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Interlude: Let's Dance
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Miss You Much
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Interlude: Come Back Interlude
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Love Will Never Do (Without You)
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Livin' in a World (They Didn't Make)
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Alright
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Interlude: Hey Baby
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] Escapade
- [ Disc 01 Track 15 ] Interlude: No Acid
- [ Disc 01 Track 16 ] Black Cat
- [ Disc 01 Track 17 ] Lonely
- [ Disc 01 Track 18 ] Come Back to Me
- [ Disc 01 Track 19 ] Someday Is Tonight
- [ Disc 01 Track 20 ] Interlude: Livin'...In Complete Darkness
- Universal Distribution
Rolling Stone (10/31/02, p.136) - Ranked # 27 in Rolling Stone's "Women in Rock: The 50 Essential Albums"
Q - 3 Stars - Good
Stereo Review - Highly Recommended - "She comes across as a musical dynamo"
- 64m 28s
- Video Disabled
- Steve Hodge
No reviews yet.