Rod Stewart - Millennium Collection - Best Of Rod Stewart (CD)
Discovery Miles 870
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Folk Rock
- Number of Discs
- Number of Items
- 20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best of Rod Stewart
- Country of Origin
- Universal Distribution
- Mono / Stereo
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Maggie May
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] You Wear It Well
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] I'm Losing You, (I Know)
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Country Comforts
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Every Picture Tells a Story
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Angel
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Gasoline Alley
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] It's All Over Now
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Find a Reason to Believe
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] True Blue
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Twisting the Night Away
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Handbags and Gladrags
- Pop / Rock
- South Africa
Producers: Rod Stewart, Lou Reizner.
Compilation producer: Bill Levenson.
Includes liner notes by Brian Chin.
Digitally remastered by Suha Gur (Universal Music Group Studios).
This is part of MCA's 20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection series.
For some of the entries in the massive 20TH CENTURY MASTERS series of budget-priced reissues, their brief playing time only scratches the surface of the artist's catalogue. That's not the case with Rod Stewart's collection, which is actually one of the best single-disc compilations of his work. 20TH CENTURY MASTERS focuses entirely on Stewart's early-'70s tenure at Mercury Records, and takes its songs from his four best solo albums: THE ROD STEWART ALBUM, the classic EVERY PICTURE TELLS A STORY, GASOLINE ALLEY, and NEVER A DULL MOMENT. As a result, this 12-song compilation is stuffed to the gills with brilliant songs, including, of course, both "Maggie May" and "You Wear It Well." Stewart's immense interpretive skills are also displayed here, on his definitive versions of Bobby Womack's "It's All Over Now" and Tim Hardin's "Reason To Believe." Longtime Stewart fans already own all of these songs, but this is an excellent starting point for novices who want to know what Rod the Mod was capable of before the days of "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy" and "Love Touch."
- Date Released
- Audio Format
- PCM Audio
- Studio / Live
- Video Disabled
- Rod Stewart
- 56m 19s
No reviews yet.