Samsung 850 Evo Series 2.5" SSD - 1TB
Discovery Miles 60 490
On Credit: R / month
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
Inovative 3D V-NAND technology
Samsung’s unique and innovative 3D V-NAND flash memory architecture is a breakthrough in overcoming the density limitations, performance and endurance of today’s conventional planar NAND architecture. 3D V-NAND is fabricated by stacking 32 cell layers vertically over one another rather than decreasing the cells dimensions and trying to fit itself onto a fixed horizontal space resulting in higher density and better performance utilising a smaller footprint.
Optimise daily computing with TurboWrite technology
Achieve the ultimate read/write performance to maximise your everyday computing experience with Samsung’s TurboWrite technology. You not only obtain more than a 10% better user experience than 840 EVO but up to 1.9x faster random write speeds for 120/250 GB models as well. The 850 EVO delivers the top of its class performance in sequential read (540 MB/s) and write (520 MB/s) speeds.
- Interface: SATA 6 Gb/s Interface, compatible with SATA 3 Gb/s & SATA 1.5 Gb/s interface
- Storage Memory: Samsung 32 layer 3D V-NAND
- TRIM Support: TRIM Supported
- Encryption Support: AES 256 bit Encryption (Class 0), TCG/Opal, IEEE1667
- S.M.A.R.T Support: S.M.A.R.T Supported
- GC (Garbage Collection): Auto Garbage Collection Algorithm
- Sequential Read: Up to 540 MB/sec Sequential Read
- Sequential Write: Up to 520 MB/sec Sequential Write
- 2.5 inch Form Factor
- 66 g Weight
- 100 x 69.85 x 6.8 (mm) Dimensions
Albert, South Africa. 14 June 2016
Included in the box is only the SSD drive and some software.
You'll need some sort of Samsung drive-to-usb connector if you want to use the software.
I've used a bootable freeware cloning software with a 3rd party enclosure. Worked flawless
The difference in speed is unthinkable. Very happy! (except for the price...)
Ricardo, South Africa. 4 August 2015
Gave my computer a new life. Fantastic speed