Scott Joplin - The Entertainer (CD)
Discovery Miles 1 970
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Jazz Instrument
- Number of Discs
- Number of Items
- Scott Joplin: The Entertainer
- Country of Origin
- Shout! Factory
- Sony Music Distribution (
- Mono / Stereo
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Maple Leaf Rag
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Something Doing
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Weeping Willow Rag
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] The Entertainer
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] The Easy Winners
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Pine Apple Rag
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Solace
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Gladiolus Rag
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] The Ragtime Dance
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Sugar Cane
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] The Crush Collision March
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Bethena - A Concert Waltz
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Combination March
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] A Breeze From Alabama
- Sony Music
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Maple Leaf Rag, for piano
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Something Doing Cake Walk March, ragtime two-step for piano (collaboration with Scott Hayden)
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Weeping Willow, ragtime two-step for piano
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Entertainer, for piano, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Easy Winners, for piano, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Pine Apple Rag, for piano
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Solace: A Mexican Serenade, for piano
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Gladiolus Rag, for piano
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Ragtime Dance, stoptime two-step for piano, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Sugar Cane, ragtime two-step for piano
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Great Crush Collision March, for piano, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Bethena, waltz for piano
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Combination March, for piano
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] Breeze from Alabama, march & ragtime two-step for piano, A
This disc features rolls digitally recorded from a 1910 Steinway 65/88 note player. The first 3 tracks were recorded by Scott Joplin himself.
Personnel: Scott Joplin (piano).
Liner Note Authors: Mike Montgomery; Trebor Tichenor.
Recording information: 10/15/1896/05/??/1916.
Editor: Dr. Toby Mountain.
Photographer: Walter Lubzik.
The piano compositions of ragtime pioneer Scott Joplin are wonderfully showcased on this 14-track compilation, which includes many of the Texan musician's most influential and best-known tunes. The crown jewel of the regal ENTERTAINER anthology, is, of course, its lively title track. Penned by Joplin in 1902, the jaunty and highly melodic song is immediately identifiable as a turn-of-the-century classic, and one of the more well-known pop melodies in American history. Additional standouts include "Maple Leaf Rag," another one of Joplin's undisputed masterpieces, along with "Sugar Cane," "A Breeze from Alabama," and other vintage two-step numbers. Both nodding to classical music and paving the way for jazz, these pieces are truly timeless, and essential to any ragtime collection.
- 51m 27s
- Audio Format
- PCM Audio
- Studio / Live
- Video Disabled
- Scott Joplin
- Arnold S. Caplin
- Date Released
- Ken Glaza
No reviews yet.