Seagate 8TB Archive 3.5" Hard Drive
Discovery Miles 54 270
On Credit: R / month
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
Industry's first high-capacity hard drive designed for cost-effectively storing active archive data and cloud content.
- High-density 8TB hard drives for petabytes of affordable and accessible long-term online storage
- Enables significant system-level TCO savings with best cost-per-TB
- Maximum storage efficiency with lowest watts-per-TB
- Reliable, low-power data retrieval based on Shingled Magnetic Recording (SMR) technology
- RV-balanced for high density environments
Cost-Effective High Capacity 8TB Hard Drive
Lowest cost/TB online data archive solution for petabytes of growing archival storage helps to ensure affordable long-term data management.
SMR-enabled technology ensures efficient and economical cold storage operations even in the harshest data centre environments.
Energy-Efficient High-Density Cloud Hard Drive
The 3.5-inch Archive HDD is optimised for cold data storage with the lowest power consumption and the on-demand, time-to-ready PowerChoiceTM feature.
Reliable Data Retrieval for Cold Data Storage
Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) options available for secure data storage and safe, fast and easy drive retirement.
Best fit applications:
- Online archiving
- Large data object storage
- Big data cold storage
- Cloud active archive
- Web-scale archiving
- Capacity: 8TB
- Interface: SATA 6GB/s
- Average Operating Power: 7.5W
- Typical Weight: 780g
- Maximum Width: 101.85mm
- Maximum Length: 146.99mm
- Maximum Height: 26.11mm
Paul, South Africa. 5 December 2015
not sure what * to give it however here are the specs of the drive
seagate st8000as0002 8Tb/8000Gb Archive ,
with SMR ( Shingled Magnetic Recording ) + AcuTrac ,
RV-balanced for high density environments ,
28mb cache ,
sustained data rate - 190mb/sec ,
designed for 24x7 business-critical applications - 3 years warranty