Second Barbra Streisand Album - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 1 140
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Pop Vocal
- Classic Pop Vocals
- Mono / Stereo
- Mike Berniker
- The Second Barbra Streisand Album
Includes liner notes by Jule Styne.
Recorded in only 4 days in June 1963, Barbra's second album is an excellently recorded collection of standards and show tunes from the beginning of her career. Every song is undeniable, as the vibrant energy of the performer radiates into the listener's ear with a sweet perfection that can't be matched. In his liner notes Jules Styne mentions that "Barbra is the first girl I have ever heard who is a great actress in each song." If that's the case, "Any Place I Hang My Hat is Home" begins the play with conviction and "Right As the Rain" continues with a wonderful soprano and eloquent phrasing.
"Down With Love" is an incredibly bluesy torch song with wailing background trumpet. The musicianship is first rate as vocals and strings blend perfectly in "Who Will Buy?" (From The Broadway Musical Production "Oliver") and "I Don't Care Much" (showcasing some fine accordion work). "Gotta Move" and "Lover, Come Back To Me" are both upbeat numbers that keep the album's pace up, while "I Stayed Too Long At The Fair" and "Like A Straw In The Wind" bring the album to a slow, yet emotional conclusion. Highly recommended, this record shows a budding superstar with the pipes, talent and expressiveness of a seasoned veteran.
- Country of Origin
- Columbia (USA)
- Sony Music Distribution (
- Barbra Streisand
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Any Place I Hang My Hat Is Home
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Right as the Rain
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Down with Love
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Who Will Buy? - (from "Oliver")
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] When the Sun Comes Out
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Gotta Move
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] My Coloring Book
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] I Don't Care Much
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Lover, Come Back to Me
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] I Stayed Too Long at the Fair
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Like a Straw in the Wind
- Studio / Live
- Fred Plaut; Frank Laico
No reviews yet.