Shot of Love - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 1 140
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Folk Rock
- Mono / Stereo
- Shot of Love
Personnel: Bob Dylan (guitar, vocals, piano, harmonica, percussion); Clydie King (vocals); Ron Wood, Fred Tackett, Steve Ripley, Danny Kortchmar (guitar); Steve Douglas (alto saxophone); Carl Pickhardt, Benmont Tench (piano, keyboards); William "Smitty" Smith (organ); Donald "Duck" Dunn, Tim Drummond (bass); Jim Keltner, Chuck Plotkin, Ringo Starr (drums); Regina McCrary, Carolyn Dennis, Madelyn Quebec (background vocals).
Producers: Chuck Plotkin, Bumps Blackwell, Bob Dylan.
All songs written by Bob Dylan.
Though many critics consider SHOT OF LOVE the best of Dylan's late-'70s, early-'80s "Christian albums," others find it guilty simply by association with that period. As such, it's one of his most underrated albums. It includes "Every Grain Of Sand"--one of his finest post-'60s ballads--along with such notable album tracks as the rocking title cut and "Lenny Bruce," a paean to the comedian that easily could be read as a veiled paean to Dylan himself. The CD version of SHOT OF LOVE adds the B-side "The Groom's Still Waiting At The Altar," a rollicking blues-rocker that earned a lot of airplay when it first came out by reminding fans of BLONDE ON BLONDE.
- Country of Origin
- Columbia (USA)
- Studio / Live
- Bob Dylan
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Shot of Love
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Heart of Mine
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Property of Jesus
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Lenny Bruce
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Watered-Down Love
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Groom's Still Waiting at the Altar, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Dead Man, Dead Man
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] In the Summertime
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Trouble
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Every Grain of Sand
- Sony Music Distribution (
- Q (6/97, p.150) - 3 Stars (out of 5) - "...the album's highpoints are right up there alongside Dylan's very best work..."
- 44m 57s
- Video Disabled
- Toby Scott
No reviews yet.