Smoke N Mirrors - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 1 910
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Jazz Instrument
- Mono / Stereo
- Lee Ritenour; Daniel Jobim; Lee Ritenour
- Smoke 'N' Mirrors
Personnel: Lee Ritenour (acoustic guitar, electric guitar, baritone guitar, keyboards, bass synthesizer, programming); Lee Ritenour (synthesizer); Daniel Jobim (vocals, keyboards, background vocals); Richard Bona (vocals, electric bass, bass guitar, shaker); Joyce (vocals); Danilo Caymmi (flute); Brian Bromberg (acoustic bass, upright bass); John Patitucci (acoustic bass); Abraham Laboriel, Sr., Melvin Davis (electric bass); Sheila E. (drums, percussion, sound effects); Oscar Seaton (drums); Satnam Ramgotra (tabla); Alberto Lopez, Tlale Makhene, Paulinho Da Costa, Shiela E (percussion); Patrice Rushen (piano, Fender Rhodes piano, organ, background vocals); Dave Grusin (piano); Alex Acu¤a (drums, congas, bongos, percussion); Vinnie Colaiuta (drums).
Audio Mixers: Lee Ritenour ; Don Murray .
Liner Note Author: Lee Ritenour .
Recording information: Starlight Studios, Los Angeles, CA (01/2006-05/2006); Sunset Sound, Los Angeles, CA (01/2006-05/2006).
Photographers: Bill Mims ; Heidi Meyer; Gary Lee; Randee St. Nicholas.
Arrangers: Lee Ritenour ; Patrice Rushen; Dave Grusin; Daniel Jobim.
Featuring a bevy of world music guests, guitarist Lee Ritenour's Smoke 'N' Mirrors is a stylish, joyous, and laid-back multicultural affair. Among the guests are Brazilian vocalist and keyboardist Daniel Jobim, South African vocalist Zamajobe and guitarist Erik Pilani Paliani, West African bassist Richard Bona, as well as such well-known contemporary jazz icons as pianist Dave Grusin, bassist John Patitucci, percussionist Sheila E., and others. Judiciously, Ritenour has made room for a wide musical palette including funky jams, melodic soul vocal tracks, inspired rhythmic passages, and of course straight-ahead jazz improvisation. While this is an impeccably crafted effort in the tradition of past Ritenour albums, it never comes off as anything less than organically heartfelt. ~ Matt Collar
- Country of Origin
- Universal Distribution
- Lee Ritenour (Jazz)
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Smoke 'N' Mirrors
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Capetown
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Southwest Passage
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Waters Edge
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Blue Days (Dias Azuis)
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Spellbinder
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Memeza
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Povo
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Lovely Day
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Township
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Forget Me Nots
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Stone Cool
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Motherland
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] 4« Storms
- Studio / Live
- JazzTimes (p.93) - "The result is a high-energy, satisfying work that only adds to Captain Fingers' reputation as a master of contemporary jazz rhythms and melodies."
- Video Disabled
- Lee Ritenour; Don Murray
No reviews yet.