Sound Machine - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 980
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Bubble Gum
- The Partridge Family
Personnel: Shirley Jones, David Cassidy (vocals); Dennis Budimir, Louis Shelton (guitar); Mike Melvoin, Larry Knechtel (piano); Max Bennett (bass); Hal Blaine (drums); John Bahler, Tom Bahler, Jackie Ward, Ron Hicklin (background vocals).
Recorded at Western Recorders (Studio 2), Los Angeles, California. Includes liner notes by Lisa Sutton.
Digitally remastered by Mike Hartry (BMG Studios, New York).
The Partridge Family's second album, THE PARTRIDGE FAMILY SOUND MAGAZINE, is the album which initiated the gimmicky series of cover designs (magazine, notebook, shopping bag, etc.) which identified the Partridge albums. Featuring the hit single "I Woke Up In Love This Morning" and 11 other songs which debuted on the popular TV show, this is probably the group's most consistently listenable release.
Like the Monkees, the Banana Splits, and other TV-spawned bands, the grind of producing a weekly TV series meant that there was always a high-quality backstock of bubblegum pop songs by such writer/producers as Tony Romeo in the group's cupboard, which makes their albums a bit more enjoyable than some bubblegum acts of the same era. The ballad "You Don't Have to Tell Me" and Rupert Holmes' "Echo Valley 2-6809" are particular standouts.
- Country of Origin
- Sony Music Distribution (USA)
- Studio / Live
- Mono / Stereo
- The Partridge Family Sound Magazine
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Brand New Me
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] I Think I Love You
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] I Woke up in Love This Morning
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] I Can Feel Your Heartbeat
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Bandala
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Summer Days
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Take Good Care of Her
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] If You Ever Go
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Last Night
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Let Your Love Go
- Sony Music Distribution (
No reviews yet.