Special Olympics II - Christmas Compilation - Various Artists (CD)
Discovery Miles 850
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Number of Discs
- Number of Items
- A Very Special Christmas, Vol. 2
- Country of Origin
- Universal Distribution
- Mono / Stereo
- Entertainment Weekly (12/18/92, p.60) - "...Here's a collection to benefit Special Olympics with honest Christmas sentiment and pure fun..." - Rating: B+
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Christmas All Over Again - Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Jingle Bell Rock - Randy Travis
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Christmas Song, The - Luther Vandross
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Santa Claus Is Coming to Town - Cyndi Lauper/Frank Sinatra
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Birth of Christ, The - Boyz II Men
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Please Come Home for Christmas - Jon Bon Jovi
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] What Christmas Means to Me - Paul Young
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] O Christmas Tree - Aretha Franklin
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree - Darlene Love/Ronnie Spector
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] White Christmas - Michael Bolton
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Christmas Is - Run-D.M.C.
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Christmas Time Again - Extreme
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Merry Christmas, Baby - Bonnie Raitt/Charles Brown
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] O Holy Night - Tevin Campbell
- [ Disc 01 Track 15 ] Sleigh Ride - Debbie Gibson
- [ Disc 01 Track 16 ] What Child Is This? - Vanessa Williams
- [ Disc 01 Track 17 ] Blue Christmas - Ann & Nancy Wilson
- [ Disc 01 Track 18 ] Silent Night - Wilson Phillips
- [ Disc 01 Track 19 ] I Believe in You - Sin‚ad O'Connor
- South Africa
Producers: Tom Petty, Mike Campbell, Jimmy Iovine, Jeff Lynne; Richard Perry; Quincy Jones; Phil Kaffel; Nathan Morris and Shawn Patrick Stockman; Jimmy Iovine (tracks 6, 13); Don Was; Marty Paich, David Paich; Jimmy Iovine and Danny Kortchmar; David Foster, Michael Bolton, Dave Reitzas; Larry Smith; Nuno Bettencourt; Jimmy Iovine and Jerry Hey; Jimmy Iovine, Jai Winding, Omar Hakim; Gerry E. Brown and Vanessa Williams; Scott Olson, Ann Wilson, Nancy Wilson; Carnie Wilson and Glen Ballard; Sinead O'Connor and Phil Ramone.
Engineers: Phil Kaffel, Thom Panunzio, Richard Dodd; Paul Brown; Ed Cherney (tracks 4, 13); J.E. Van Horne, Jr.; Phil Kaffel, Thom Panunzio, Obie O'Brien; Steve Jackson; Al Schmitt; Thom Panunzio; Dave Reitzas; Troy Hightower and Norman Bullock; Bob St. John; Mark Mancini, Paul Brown; Phil Kaffel; Gary Tole and Gerry E. Brown; Ed Brooks and Tod Lemkhul; Francis Buckley; Gary Chester.
Composer: Nathan Morris.
Personnel: Tom Petty (vocals, guitar, electric guitar, background vocals); Nancy Wilson (vocals, guitar, keyboards); Jeff Lynne (vocals, timbales, bells, background vocals); Darlene Love, Ann Wilson (vocals, background vocals); Chynna Phillips, Cyndi Lauper, Frank Sinatra, Gary Cherone, Michael McCary, Nathan Morris, Ronnie Spector, Scott Olson, Shawn Stockman, Wendy Wilson, Carnie Wilson (vocals); Robbie Blunt (guitar, acoustic guitar, electric guitar); Dennis Budimir, Jimmy Ripp (guitar, acoustic guitar); Tim Pierce (guitar, electric guitar); Charles Mangold (guitar, slide guitar); Nuno Bettencourt (guitar, keyboards, background vocals); Danny Kortchmar, Danny Caron, Doc Powell, Don Felder, Dennis Rudimer, Randall Jacobs, Jon Bon Jovi, Michael Landau, Mike Campbell , Nick Moroch, Todd Sharp, Charlton Pettus (guitar); Kevin Dukes (acoustic guitar); Terry Lauber, JayDee Mannes (steel guitar); Jo Ann Turovsky, Gayle LaVant, Gayle Levant (harp); Phil Kenzie (saxophone, horns); Clifford Solomon, David McMurray, Mike Tune, Gerald Albright, Mike Turre, Kenzie, Joel Peskin, Marty Krystall (saxophone); Rayse Biggs (trumpet); Alex Lodico (trombone); Christiaan Mostert, Beverly Dahlke-Smith, Greg Smith (horns); Benmont Tench (piano, keyboards); David Paich, Fred McFarlane, James Cox, Jim Cox, Michael Lang , Nicky Moore, Richard Tee, Charles Brown (piano); Mitchell Froom (harpsichord, organ); Steven Lindsay, Steve Lindsey (organ); Glen Ballard, Randy Kurber, Jai Winding, John Gilutin, Randy Waldman, Anthony Patler (keyboards); Scott Humphrey (synthesizer, programming); Dave Lebolt, Bryce Cranston, Steve Porcaro, Greg Mathieson (synthesizer); Efrain Toro (marimba); Scott Thurston (6-string bass); Stan Lynch (drums, timpani, bells); Paul Geary (drums, background vocals); Chris "Zippy" Leighton, Chris Parker , Sol Gubin, John "J.R." Robinson , Steven Schaeffer, Jam Master Jay, Gregg Bissonette, Duane Broadnax, Jim Keltner, Jody Cortez, Omar Hakim, Russ Kunkel, Tal Bergman, Gaylord Birch, Buster Maybury (drums); Lenny Castro, Phil Jones, Gary Coleman, Emil Richards, Brad Dutz (percussion); Paul DeCarli (programming); Melodye Perry, Donna Davidson, Edna Wright, Susan Stevens, Davis Joyce, Pat Badger, Richard Dodd, Sir Harry Bowens, Susie Tallman, Sweet Pea Atkinson, Randy Crenshaw, David Joyce, Donald Ray Mitchell (background vocals).
Audio Mixer: Richard Dodd.
Recording information: A & M Studios; A&M Studios, Hollywood, CA; Capitol Records, l Ain Bou Kellal; Ocean Way Recording Studios, Hollywood, CA; Westlake Audio, L.A., CA.
Unknown Contributor Role: Bob St. John .
Arrangers: Fred McFarlane; Gerry Brown ; Doug Katsaros; Jerry Hey; Johnny Mandel; Marty Paich; Randy Waldman; Aretha Franklin.
This CD was recorded for a worthwhile cause (Special Olympics) and contains some great songs, most notably Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers' "Christmas All Over Again" -- this is jingle-jangle pop at its best. Boyz II Men wrap their a cappella voices around "The Birth of Christ," and the two Wall of Sound standouts, Darlene Love and Ronnie Spector, bring their powerful voices together for the first time on "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree." Bonnie Raitt duets with Charles Brown on his sexy "Merry Christmas, Baby," while Aretha Franklin shows why she's called the Queen of Soul on "O Christmas Tree." ~ Dennis MacDonald
- Date Released
- Audio Format
- PCM Audio
- Studio / Live
- Video Disabled
- Various Artists
- 69m 34s
No reviews yet.