Steeldrivers - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 2 910
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- The Steeldrivers
- A fairly obvious recipe on paper is rendered grippingly powerful by singer-guitarist Chris Stapleton's baritone yowl and a band of fleet-fingered bluegrass pros (banjoist Richard Bailey, bassist/vocalist Mike Fleming, mandolinist/vocalist Mike Henderson, and fiddler/vocalist Tammy Rogers). A lot of records of this sort go for a similar gritty Americana thing, but this impressive debut pulls it off by spiking the traditional milieu with undeniable sex appeal, a serious rarity in bluegrass (listen to his smoldering harmonies with Rogers on the standout "Blue Side of the Mountain"). Fans took note--this record logged very impressive digital sales and snared both Grammy and International Bluegrass Music Association awards.
- Country of Origin
- Rounder Select
- Studio / Live
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Blue Side of the Mountain
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Drinkin' Dark Whiskey
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Midnight Train to Memphis
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Midnight Tears
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] If You Can't Be Good, Be Gone
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] If It Hadn't Been for Love
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Hear the Willow Cry
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Sticks That Made Thunder
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] East Kentucky Home
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] To Be with You Again
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Heaven Sent
Down Beat (p.79) - 4 stars out of 5 -- "[G]uitarist Chris Stapleton sings with the depth of a Southern bluesman....[With] excellent original tunes about redemption, prison and the vagaries of love."
Harp (magazine) (p.107) - "[T]he STeelDrivers are bluegrass through and through, from their instrumetnal virtuosity to their classic high-low harmonies to their music itself..."
- 36m 5s
No reviews yet.