Stephanie Mills - Greatest Hits (CD)
Discovery Miles 1 590
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Number of Discs
- Number of Items
- Greatest Hits: 1985 to 1993
- Country of Origin
- Universal Distribution
- Mono / Stereo
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] In My Life
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Put Your Body In It
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Two Hearts
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Feel The Fire
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Never Knew Love Like This Before
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] The Medicine Song
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] What Cha Gonna Do With My Lovin'
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Sweet Sensation
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Something in the Way (You Make Me Feel)
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] (You're Puttin') A Rush on Me
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] I Have Learned to Respect the Power of Love
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] If I Were Your Woman
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Stand Back
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Secret Lady
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] I Feel Good All Over
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] All Day, All Night
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Rising Desire
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Bit by Bit
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Comfort of a Man
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Never Do You Wrong
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Where Is the Love?
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] Home
- R&B / Soul
- South Africa
Personnel includes: Stephanie Mills, Robert Brookins (vocals).
Includes liner notes by David Nathan.
Personnel: Stephanie Mills (vocals); Robert Brookins (vocals).
Audio Remixers: Cassandra Mills; Louis Silas, Jr.
Liner Note Author: David Nathan.
Photographers: Adam Buckmaster; Alberto Tolot; Randee Saint Nicholas; Ron Slenzak.
Arranger: Vassal Benford.
Early chart smashes "Never Knew Love Like This" and "Sweet Sensation" didn't make it onto this one, so you can't call Greatest Hits: 1985 to 1993 -- which represents Stephanie Mills' last run of hits MCA Records -- definitive. Mills interprets Angela Winbush's songs as if they were sent to her directly from God: "(Something in the Way) You Make Me Feel" and "I Have Learned to Respect the Power of Love" -- originally by Alton McClain & Destiny -- are thrilling examples. Ever romantic, Mills remains the swept-away lover, as the exhilarating "(You're Puttin') a Rush on Me" and "I Feel Good All Over" attest too. Her remake of Gladys Knight & the Pips' "If I Was Your Woman" stirs the same can of emotions as the original. "Home," a song with a heavy message, closes her live shows: the uplifting ballad prompts encore after encore. The only other knock aside from the two missing hits: the contrived disco tracks like "Stand Back." Mills should have passed on the dumb stuff. ~ Andrew Hamilton
- Date Released
- Audio Format
- PCM Audio
- Studio / Live
- Video Disabled
- Stephanie Mills
- George Duke; Harold Faltermeyer; La La; LeMel Humes; Nick Martinelli; Paul Laurence; Angela Winbush; Robert Brookins; Ron Kersey; Stephanie Mills; Vassal Benford; Andy McKaie (Reissue)
- 73m 11s
No reviews yet.