Terry Riley - Shri Camel (CD)
Discovery Miles 1 450
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Number of Items
- Shri Camel
- Country of Origin
- USA / Canada
- Sony Classical
- Sbme Special Mkts.
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Anthem Of The Trinity
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Celestial Valley
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Across Of The Lake Of The Ancient Word
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Desert Ice
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Shri Camel, for electronic organ & tape delay: Anthem of the Trinity
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Shri Camel, for electronic organ & tape delay: Celestial Valley
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Shri Camel, for electronic organ & tape delay: Across the Lake of the Ancient Word
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Shri Camel, for electronic organ & tape delay: Desert of Ice
- Release Date
- 29 August 2000
Personnel: Terry Riley (piano, organ, keyboards).
Unknown Contributor Role: Don Cody.
Riley's place in the minimalism camp of modern classical music has been secured ever since his '60s debut. His career eventually found its zenith with such milestones as 1964's In C and 1969's A Rainbow in Curved Air. Riley's use of cyclical and repetitive patterns brought comparisons to fellow minimalist Steve Reich during this time, too. Having since delved deeply into Indian music by way of several years of study with the master singer Pandit Pran Nath, Riley found a fine middle ground for his classical/minimalist training and the music of India on this 1980 release. With a specialized Yamaha keyboard and a 16-track studio as his tools, Riley creates four instrumental longplayers here, all sporting a mix of Far-Eastern atmospherics and minimalist explorations. Meditative yet quite provocative, Riley's Shri Camel will definitely please his longtime fans. ~ Stephen Cook
- 43m 43s
- Audio Format
- PCM Audio
- Video Disabled
- Terry Riley (Composer)
- Terry Riley
- Date Released
- Don Cody
No reviews yet.