Times They Are a Changin - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 1 450
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Folk Rock
- Mono / Stereo
- Tom Wilson
- The Times They Are a-Changin'
Solo performer: Bob Dylan (vocals, acoustic guitar, harmonica).
Engineers include: Stan Tonkel, George Kneurr, Peter Dauria.
Recorded at Columbia Recording Studio, New York, New York in August -October 1963.
On his third album, Bob Dylan both redefined and expanded his musical palette. Feted as a protest singer, a definition he rejected, he brought new insight to the genre, particularly with "Only A Pawn In Their Game," in which he paints a wider canvas relating to the murder of civil rights leader Medgar Evers. Dylan's love songs herein are particularly poignant, their stark acoustic setting enhancing a graphic lyricism. The title song boasts a wonderful ambiguity, managing to be both political and personal, the latter aspect suggesting the changes Dylan would bring to his music. His last album as a folk artist per se, THE TIMES THEY ARE A-CHANGIN' is yet another essential Dylan collection.
- Country of Origin
- Sony Music Distribution (USA)
- Studio / Live
- Bob Dylan
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Times They Are A-Changin', The
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Ballad of Hollis Brown
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] With God on Our Side
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] One Too Many Mornings
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] North Country Blues
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Only a Pawn in Their Game
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Boots of Spanish Leather
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] When the Ship Comes In
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Lonesome Death of Hattie Carroll, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Restless Farewell
- Sony Music Distribution (
- Mojo (Publisher) (p.122) - 5 stars out of 5 - "Dylan's reputation as a major cultural force was justifiably fixed forever in the public mind."
- Video Disabled
No reviews yet.