Tobin, Amon - Foley Room (CD)
Discovery Miles 2 550
Eligible for Cash on Delivery. Learn more
Free delivery available |
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Number of Items
- Media Type
- Foley Room
- Country of Origin
- Ninja Tune
Spin (p.96) - 3 stars out of 5 -- "Amon Tobin vigorously assumes the avant-garde mantle, orchestrating field recordings with slithery beat tectonics."
Uncut (p.100) - 3 stars out of 5 -- "Tobin forces elegant, gentle melody and timbre alongside tense beat structures built from recordings of roaring tigers, wasps and more..."
The Wire (p.57) - "60s psych atmospheres recur unexpectedly among the icy layers of digital trickery. A heavy organ drifts through 'The Killer's Vanilla'..."
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Bloodstone - Tobin, Amon ; Kronos Quartet
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Esther's
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Keep Your Distance
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Killer's Vanilla
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Kitchen Sink
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Horsefish
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Foley Room
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Big Furry Head
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Ever Falling
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Always
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Straight Psyche
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] At The End Of The Day
- Release Date
- 11 December 2008
- While sampling and sample-based sounds are ubiquitous in post-millennial music, rarely have they become the creative impetus for an artist's entire recorded output. Consider electronica maven Amon Tobin; from his early work mining obscure vinyl artifacts for his experimental drum & bass, to his more recent forays into video-game soundtracks, Tobin's work exhibits a continued evolutionary path from hip-hop breaks to abstract sound design. The space where sound effects are recorded for films provides the inspiration for the title of FOLEY ROOM, an impressive experiment in found, created, and manipulated sound. Armed with high-sensitivity microphones and an ear for uncovering a micro-sound universe, Tobin constructs a wide range of textures and colors from unexpected source material. Recalling the pioneering experiments of 1950s musique concrete composers, FOLEY ROOM is challenging music for lovers of extreme sounds.
- Date Released
- 2007-07-01 00:00:00
- Audio Format
- PCM Audio
- Studio / Live
- Video Disabled
- Amon Tobin
- Redeye Music Distribution
No reviews yet.