Tori Amos - Abnormally Attracted To Sin (CD)
Discovery Miles 1 430
Eligible for Cash on Delivery. Learn more
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Copy Control
- Number of Items
- Abnormally Attracted To Sin
- Country of Origin
- USA / Canada
- Universal Music Group
- Mono / Stereo
Entertainment Weekly (p.59) - "[W]hen she's banging on her piano over layers of lush electronics, she's got the rapture part down." -- Grade: B
Billboard (p.53) - "ABNORMALLY ATTRACTED TO SIN finds her in full command of her arsenal, creating an overall sound that's as psychedelic as it is classic."
Q (Magazine) (p.123) - 3 stars out of 5 -- "[T]hese 18 songs are some of the best Amos has written, including a jazz-rock odyssey, 'Lady In Blue,' and a dreamy Kate Bush/Massive Attack hybrid, 'Flavor.'"
Record Collector (magazine) (p.78) - 3 stars out of 5 -- "[W]ith its dark, charged atmosphere and cohesion, AATS sees Tori on slick and simmering form."
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] GIVE
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] WELCOME TO ENGLAND
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] STRONG BLACK VINE
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] FLAVOR
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] NOT DYING TODAY
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] MAYBE CALIFORNIA
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] CURTAIN CALL
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] FIRE TO YOUR PLAIN
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] POLICE ME
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] THAT GUY
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] ABNORMALLY ATTRACTED TO SIN
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] 500 MILES
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] MARY JANE
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] STARLING
- [ Disc 01 Track 15 ] FAST HORSE
- [ Disc 01 Track 16 ] OPHELIA
- [ Disc 01 Track 17 ] LADY IN BLUE
- Pop / Rock
- Release Date
- 12 May 2009
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Give
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Welcome to England
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Strong Black Vine
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Flavor
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Not Dying Today
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Maybe California
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Curtain Call
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Fire to Your Plain
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Police Me
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] That Guy
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Abnormally Attracted to Sin
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] 500 Miles
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Mary Jane
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] Starling
- [ Disc 01 Track 15 ] Fast Horse
- [ Disc 01 Track 16 ] Ophelia
- [ Disc 01 Track 17 ] Lady in Blue
Personnel: Tori Amos (vocals, piano, Fender Rhodes piano, organ, keyboards, synthesizer); Mac Aladdin (guitar, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, 12-string guitar, mandolin); Matthew Elston, Fiona McNaught, Kate Robinson, Edward Bale (violin); James Myer Hogg, Holly Butler (viola); Caroline Dale (cello); John Philip Shenale (synthesizer); Matt Chamberlain (drums, percussion).
Audio Mixers: Marcel VanLimbeek; Mark Hawley.
Audio Remasterer: Jon Astley.
Recording information: Avast Studios, Seatle, WA; Martian Engineering, Cornwall, England.
Photographer: Karen Collins.
Arranger: John Philip Shenale.
The 10th studio album from premiere piano-pop chanteuse Tori Amos offers a return to the singles-oriented approach of classic Amos albums like UNDER THE PINK. This isn't to say that ABNORMALLY ATTRACTED TO SIN is filled with radio-tailored pop--not by a long shot. The tunes still pack plenty of Amos's unique, off-kilter sensibility, which revels in eerie strangeness as much as accessible melody. Yet ABNORMALLY takes a step down from the elaborate conceptual conceits of predecessors like 2007's AMERICAN DOLL POSSE, putting the emphasis back on the individual songs.
The songs weave Amos's signature lyrical finesse (which often delves into intimate or uncomfortable themes) with equally spellbinding melodies and arrangements (which emphasize subtle electronics and pulsing rhythms). The lead-off single, "Welcome to England," rolls gently toward an indelible melodic hook, while album opener "Give" creeps along a minor scale to a head-nodding rhythm. Amos experiments with country, cabaret, ambient music, and trip-hop, while exploring lyrical themes that include religion, death, and, of course, love, imbuing each song with a peculiar intensity. One of her stronger efforts of the 2000s, ABNORMALLY ATTRACTED TO SIN should feel, especially for longtime fans, as though Amos is returning to form. Each track on the album comes with an accompanying video-style "visualette."
- Universal Distribution
- Audio Format
- PCM Audio
- Studio / Live
- Video Disabled
- Tori Amos
- Tori Amos; Marcel Van Limbeek; Tori Amos
- Date Released
- 2009-04-01 00:00:00
- Marcel Van Limbeek; Mark Hawley; Adam Spry; Mark Hawley
No reviews yet.