Ultimate Ronnie Milsap - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 1 420
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Contemporary Country
- Mono / Stereo
- Ultimate Ronnie Milsap
Personnel includes: Ronnie Milsap; Kenny Rogers.
Producers: Tom Collins, Jack D. Johnson, Ronnie Milsap, Rob Galbraith.
Compilation producers: Rob Santos, Gretchen Brennison.
Recorded between 1974 & 1989. Includes liner notes by Rich Kienzle.
Personnel: The Sheldon Kurland Strings, The Nashville String Machine (strings); The Nashville Horn Works (horns); The Holladay Singers, Lea Sisters, The Jordanaires, The Nashville Edition (background vocals).
Liner Note Author: Rich Kienzle.
Recording information: Grand Ole Opry House, Nashville, TN.
Photographers: Scott Greenwalt; Allyson Reeves; Randee Saint Nicholas; Slick Lawson.
Arranger: D. Bergen White.
There has been no shortage of Ronnie Milsap compilations over the years, and there have been two excellent collections released since the turn of the century alone, so it's easy to ask if RCA's 2004 Ultimate Ronnie Milsap is necessary or not. Since it's part of BMG's Ultimate answer to Sony Legacy's Essential series, it's a "yes" from a label's perspective, but it's also a "yes" for fans, because it's the best hits-oriented single-disc Milsap compilation yet assembled. The similarly titled Essential Ronnie Milsap by and large overlooked the '70s and the double-disc 40 #1 Hits is too lengthy for some listeners, while RCA Country Legends favors more idiosyncratic choices than actual hits. So, Ultimate Ronnie Milsap steps into the void and offers a generous selection of 22 tracks, nearly all of them his biggest hits from the '70s and '80s, opening with "Pure Love" and ending with "A Woman in Love." While RCA Country Legends has a purer country bent and illustrates his range better, this does provide all of Milsap's best-known material on one disc, which may make it a preferable introduction or summary for some audiences. In any case, it's yet another first-rate Ronnie Milsap collection issued in the 2000s. ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
- Country of Origin
- BMG Heritage
- BMG (distributor)
- Ronnie Milsap
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Pure Love
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] (I'd Be) A Legend in My Time
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Please Don't Tell Me How the Story Ends
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Daydreams About Night Things
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] (I'm A) Stand by My Woman Man
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Let My Love Be Your Pillow
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] It Was Almost Like a Song
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Only One Love in My Life
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] My Heart
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Smoky Mountain Rain
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Am I Losing You
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] (There's) No Gettin' Over Me
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] I Wouldn't Have Missed It for the World
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] Any Day Now
- [ Disc 01 Track 15 ] He Got You
- [ Disc 01 Track 16 ] Don't You Know How Much I Love You
- [ Disc 01 Track 17 ] Stranger in My House
- [ Disc 01 Track 18 ] Still Losing You
- [ Disc 01 Track 19 ] Lost in the Fifties Tonight (In the Still of the Night)
- [ Disc 01 Track 20 ] In Love
- [ Disc 01 Track 21 ] Make No Mistake, She's Mine
- [ Disc 01 Track 22 ] Woman in Love, A
- Studio / Live
- Video Disabled
No reviews yet.