Up Your Alley - (Import CD)
Joan & the Bla Jett
Discovery Miles 1 040
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Hard Rock
- Mono / Stereo
- Up Your Alley
Producers include: Kenny Laguna, Desmond Child, R. Browde.
Personnel: Joan Jett (guitar); Chuck Kentis, Ronnie Lawson, Desmond Child, Arno Hecht, Kenny Laguna, Mick Taylor , Paul O'Neill, Hollywood Paul Litteral, Frank Carillo.
Audio Mixer: Thom Panunzio.
Joan Jett's surprise hit cover of the Bruce Springsteen composition, "Light of Day" (the title track from her motion picture acting debut of the same name), had reinvigorated her music career in 1987. And Jett cashed in on the newly rekindled attention, issuing 1988's UP YOUR ALLEY, her first major hit album since the early '80s.
Although Jett had become notorious for the amount of cover songs she included on her albums (they usually far outnumbered her original compositions), Jett scored a big hit co-written with Desmond Child, "I Hate Myself For Loving You." Another Child/Jett original, "Little Liar," proved to be another highlight, as well as covers of Chuck Berry ("Tulane") and the Stooges' "I Wanna Be Your Dog." Somewhat more pop-oriented than her previous punkier releases, UP YOUR ALLEY was a successful ending to the '80s for Joan Jett.
- Country of Origin
- Epic Associated
- Studio / Live
- Joan Jett & the Blackhearts
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Hate Myself For Loving You
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Ridin' With James Dean
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Little Liar
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Tulane
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] I Wanna Be Your Dog
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] I Still Dream About You
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] You Want In, I Want Out
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Just Like In The Movies
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Desire
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Back It Up
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Play That Song Again
- Sony Music Distribution (
- 41m 27s
- Video Disabled
- Thom Panunzio; James A. Ball; Jay Healy
No reviews yet.