Very Best of Sheryl Crow - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 1 860
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Mono / Stereo
- Garth Fundis; Jeff Trott; John Shanks; Kid Rock; Sheryl Crow; Bill Bottrell
- The Very Best of Sheryl Crow
Personnel includes: Sheryl Crow (vocals, guitar); Kid Rock, Lisa Germano, Liz Phair, Brian MacLeod, Neil Finn, Dan Rothchild.
Includes liner notes by David Wild.
Personnel: Sheryl Crow (vocals, acoustic guitar, 12-string guitar, piano, bass guitar, background vocals); Kid Rock (vocals); Kenny Olson (guitar); John Shanks (electric guitar, background vocals); Tom Bukovac (electric guitar); Paul Franklin (steel guitar); Matt Rollings (piano); Jamie Muhoberac, Jimmie Bones (keyboards); Michael Rhodes (bass guitar); Abraham Laboriel, Sr., Shannon Forrest (drums); Misty Love, Shirley Hayden (background vocals).
Audio Mixers: Chuck Ainlay; Dave Way; Kid Rock; Al Sutton; Jeff Rothschild.
Liner Note Author: David Wild.
Recording information: Henson Recording Studios, Hollywood, CA; Sound Emporium, Nashville, TN; The Clarkston Clubhouse.
Photographers: Peter Lindbergh; Mark Seliger; Naomi Kaltman.
One of those rare talents who bucked the jinx of winning the Best New Artist Grammy (which she snagged in 1995), Sheryl Crow accrued an impressive canon over the span of a decade. Starting with this Missouri native's twangy, Rickie Lee Jones-flavored 1993 smash "All I Wanna Do," Crow has made her mark with songs such as the forward-looking "Every Day Is a Winding Road," the pleading ballad "Strong Enough," and the Beach Boys-flavored summer anthem "Soak Up the Sun."
This former in-demand session musician's talents also found her going down a country path by way of a classic duet with Kid Rock on the ballad "Picture," which rubs shoulders with the wonderfully atmospheric "Home" and the put-up-or-shut-up sentiment of the life-loving "If It Makes You Happy." Fans who are looking for new material get rewarded with two versions of Cat Stevens' "The First Cut Is the Deepest," one with a vintage Rod Stewart-like arrangement and a country version, featuring steel guitar. Also included is "Light in Your Eyes," a gentle mid-tempo nod to the late George Harrison.
- Country of Origin
- A&M (USA)
- Studio / Live
- Sheryl Crow
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] All I Wanna Do
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Soak Up the Sun
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] My Favorite Mistake
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] First Cut Is the Deepest, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Everyday Is a Winding Road
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Leaving Las Vegas
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Strong Enough
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Light in Your Eyes
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] If It Makes You Happy
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Difficult Kind, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Picture
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Steve McQueen
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Change Would Do You Good, A
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] Home
- [ Disc 01 Track 15 ] There Goes the Neighborhood
- [ Disc 01 Track 16 ] I Shall Believe
- [ Disc 01 Track 17 ] First Cut Is the Deepest, The - (country version, bonus track)
- Universal Distribution
Q (1/04, p.132) - 3 stars out of 5 - "A canny mix of tomboy retro rock, looped beats and sharp pop hooks made Crow one of the staples of '90s radio."
Mojo (Publisher) (12/03, p.130) - 3 stars out of 5 - "[S]he's unquestionably made of the right stuff."
- Video Disabled
- Al Sutton; Marc DeSisto; Matt Andrews; Jeff Rothschild
No reviews yet.