Very Best of the Eagles - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 3 430
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Mono / Stereo
- Copy Control
- Eagles : The Very Best Of (2CD)
Initial pressings included a bonus DVD.
THE VERY BEST OF includes a 46-page booklet with pictures and track information.
The Eagles: Bernie Leadon (vocals, guitar, slide guitar, pedal steel guitar, banjo, mandolin); Don Felder (vocals, guitar, slide guitar, steel guitar, keyboards); Glen Frey, Joe Walsh (vocals, guitar, slide guitar, keyboards); Randy Meisner (vocals, guitar, guitarron, bass); Don Henley (vocals, drums, percussion); Timothy B. Schmit (vocals, bass).
Producers: Glyn Johns, Bill Szymczyk, Eagles, Elliot Scheiner, Rob Jacobs.
Compilation producer: The Eagles.
Recorded between 1972 & 2003.
"Hole In The World" was nominated for the 2004 Grammy Award for Best Pop Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocal.
Eagles: Don Felder (vocals, guitars, slide guitar, steel guitar, keyboards); Bernie Leadon (vocals, guitars, slide guitar, pedal steel guitar, banjo, mandolin); Glenn Frey, Joe Walsh (vocals, guitars, slide guitar, keyboards); Randy Meisner (vocals, guitarron, bass guitar); Timothy B. Schmit (vocals, bass guitar); Don Henley (vocals, drums, percussion).
Additional personnel: Steuart Smith (electric guitar); Al Perkins (pedal steel guitar); David Sanborn (alto saxophone); Jim Ed Norman, Willie Hollis (piano); Jay Oliver (keyboards); Scott Crago (drums, percussion).
The Eagles' founders Don Henley and Glenn Frey were forthright in their desire to bring then-emerging country rock to new heights of commercial success. Formed in Los Angeles in 1971, they learned from their observations of the scene around them, and subsequently took their music to the top of the charts. They stayed there throughout the '70s, becoming synonymous with the sound of Southern California rock.
The band's first hit was with a song by Jackson Browne, and their first album also included a cover of "Ol' 55" by Tom Waits, but the bulk of the material they're known for was penned by Henley and Frey. This two-disc set wisely expands the original VERY BEST OF collection with important album tracks that have also long been band staples and favorites (such as the aforementioned Waits tune and a number of other songs from their pre-platinum first three releases). As is often the common industry-wide practice, there's also a new song, "Hole in the World."
- Country of Origin
- Warner Strategic Marketing
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Take It Easy
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Witchy Woman
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Peaceful Easy Feeling
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Desperado
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Tequila Sunrise
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Doolin-Dalton
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Already Gone
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Best of My Love, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] James Dean
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Ol' '55
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Midnight Flyer
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] On the Border
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Lyin' Eyes
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] One of These Nights
- [ Disc 01 Track 15 ] Take It to the Limit
- [ Disc 01 Track 16 ] After the Thrill Is Gone
- [ Disc 01 Track 17 ] Hotel California
- [ Disc 02 Track 01 ] Life in the Fast Lane
- [ Disc 02 Track 02 ] Wasted Time
- [ Disc 02 Track 03 ] Victim of Love
- [ Disc 02 Track 04 ] Last Resort, The
- [ Disc 02 Track 05 ] New Kid in Town
- [ Disc 02 Track 06 ] Please Come Home For Christmas
- [ Disc 02 Track 07 ] Heartache Tonight
- [ Disc 02 Track 08 ] Sad Cafe, The
- [ Disc 02 Track 09 ] I Can't Tell You Why
- [ Disc 02 Track 10 ] Long Run, The
- [ Disc 02 Track 11 ] In the City
- [ Disc 02 Track 12 ] Those Shoes
- [ Disc 02 Track 13 ] Seven Bridges Road - (Live)
- [ Disc 02 Track 14 ] Love Will Keep Us Alive
- [ Disc 02 Track 15 ] Get Over It
- [ Disc 02 Track 16 ] Hole in the World
- WEA (Distributor)
Rolling Stone (11/13/03, pp.100-1) - 5 stars out of 5 - "...It's a dream package that unerringly documents Henley and Frey's Eagle-eyed view of the 1970s, from the earthly paradise to fast-lane trap..."
Q (Summer/01, p.118) - 4 stars out of 5 - "...Delivers he soundtrack of '70s LA and they remain the definitive male harmony group of their era..."
- 144m 47s
- Video Disabled
- Barry Goldberg; Bill Szymcyzk; Mark Curry; Billy Youdelman; Steve Churchyard; Allan Blazek; Glyn Johns; Carl Glanville; Gary Ladinsky; Howard Kilgour; Richard Davis; Michael Braunstein; Don Wood; Ken Villeneuve; Tom Trafalski; Andy Ackland; Jim Paterson; Bob Stringer; Mike Harlow; Biff Dawes; Jay Parti; Bob Winder; Andy Grassi; Charlie Bouis; Kelly Kotera; Dave Crowthen; John Swain; Dan Everhart; Phil Jamtass; Dennis Mays; Michael Verdick; Rod Thaer; Tom Winslow; Ed Mashal; Bruce Hensal
No reviews yet.