Very Best of the Rascals - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 810
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Mono / Stereo
- The Very Best of the Rascals
The Rascals: Felix Cavaliere (vocals, organ, piano); Eddie Brigati (vocals, congas, percussion); Gene Cornish (guitars, bass, background vocals); Dino Danelli (drums).
Producers: The Rascals, Tom Dowd, Arif Mardin.
Compilation producer: Gary Stewart.
Recorded from 1965 to 1972. Includes liner notes by Parke Puterbaugh.
Personnel: Gene Cornish (vocals, guitar); Felix Cavaliere (vocals, piano, organ); Eddie Brigati (vocals, drums, congas, percussion); Chuck Rainey, Gerald Jemmott, Hog Cowart (vocals); Gene Orloff (strings); Hubert Laws (flute); Buddy Lucas (harmonica); Danny Labbate, Steve Marcus (soprano saxophone); King Curtis (tenor saxophone); Mel Lastie, Melvin Lastie (trumpet); Joe Bushkin (piano); Dino Danelli (drums); David Brigati, The Sweet Inspirations (background vocals).
Audio Remasterers: Dan Hersch; Bill Inglot.
Liner Note Author: Parke Puterbaugh.
Photographer: Michael Ochs.
Unknown Contributor Role: Parke Puterbaugh.
Arrangers: Charles Morrow; Arif Mardin.
A satisfying budget-priced compilation, THE VERY BEST OF THE RASCALS is as good as any (Young) Rascals compilation out there. While Rhino's two-disc ANTHOLOGY 1965-1972 has it beat in terms of comprehensiveness, these 16 tracks, from their first hit "Ain't Gonna Eat My Heart Out Anymore" to their last chart success "See," are the cream of the crop.
All of the hits are here, naturally, including "Good Lovin'," "People Got To Be Free," the superlative "How Can I Be Sure," and of course their biggest hit, "Groovin'." The lesser-known singles and key album tracks, like "A Girl Like You" and "I've Been Lonely Too Long," are nearly the equal of the hits, and overall, this is as solid a collection of '60s blue-eyed soul as you'll find.
- Country of Origin
- Studio / Live
- The Rascals
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] I Ain't Gonna Eat Out My Heart Anymore
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Good Lovin'
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] You Better Run
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Come on Up
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] I've Been Lonely Too Long
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Groovin'
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Girl Like You, A
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] How Can I Be Sure
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] It's Wonderful
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Beautiful Morning, A
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] People Got to Be Free
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Ray of Hope, A
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Heaven
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] See
- [ Disc 01 Track 15 ] Carry Me Back - (bonus track)
- [ Disc 01 Track 16 ] Glory Glory - (bonus track)
- WEA (Distributor)
- 47m 38s
- Video Disabled
- Tom Dowd
No reviews yet.