Viridian Cranberry Berry Extract Vegetarian Capsules (30)
Standardised Plant Extracts- Non Irridated
List Price R 101
Discovery Miles 840
This item is in stock in our JHB warehouse and can be shipped from there. No collection facilities available, sorry!
Eligible for Cash on Delivery. Learn more
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
Cranberry Berry Veg Caps
One vegetarian capsule provides:
- Cranberry concentrate powder 200mg
- Standardised Cranberry berry extract (30% organic acids) I00mg
- In a base of alfalfa, spirulina & bilberry.
In traditional North American herbalism, cranberry has been used to prevent kidney stones and “bladder gravel” as well as to remove toxins from the blood.
- Urinary Tract Infection: cranberry prevents E. coli, the most common bacterial cause of UTIs, from adhering to the cells lining the wall of the bladder. This anti-adherence action is thought to reduce the ability of the bacteria to cause a UTI. A small double-blind trial with younger women ages 18–45 years with a history of recurrent urinary tracts infections, found that daily treatment with an encapsulated cranberry concentrate (400 mg twice per day) for three months significantly reduced the recurrence of urinary tract infections compared to women taking a placebo.
- Kidney Stones: Cranberry has been shown to reduce the amount of ionised calcium in the urine by more than 50% in patients with kidney stones.
- Antioxidant:cranberries are rich in potent antioxidant compounds including anthocyanidins, quercetin, and chlorogenic acid. Cranberry has been found to be one of the richest sources of phenolic compounds demonstrating anti-proliferative effects in human cancer cells.
One to three capsules daily, or as recommended.
Up to 800mg daily over 3 months has been found to be effective in reducing the recurrence of UTIs.
Urinary tract infections, cellular protection, cataracts - anthocyanosides may protect both the lens and retina from oxidative damage, chronic venous insufficiency, prostatitis, kidney stones (calcium oxalate).
Cranberry concentrate has no known side effects and has no known contraindications to use during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Proton pump drugs that block stomach acid production can inhibit vitamin B12 uptake and absorption. Taking cranberry juice may help increase the local acidity in the stomach and improve uptake.
Urinary tract infection – oregon grape root, garlic, probiotics, beta-carotene
- South Africa
- Form Capsule
- Viridian Cranberry Berry Extract Vegetarian Capsules (30)
No reviews yet.