Viridian Olive Leaf Extract Vegetarian Capsules (30)
Standardised Plant Extracts- Non Irridated
List Price R 110
Discovery Miles 920
This item is in stock in our JHB warehouse and can be shipped from there. No collection facilities available, sorry!
Eligible for Cash on Delivery. Learn more
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
Olive Leaf Veg Caps
One vegetarian capsule provides:
- Standardised Olive Leaf extract (18% oleuropein) 200mg
- Olive Leaf powder 100mg
- In a base of alfalfa, spirulina & bilberry.
The Olive is a small evergreen tree native to Mediterranean regions. The characteristic green to blue-black fruit of this tree produces a useful edible oil. The olive tree has been held in high esteem throughout history. Moses reportedly decreed that men who cultivated the leaf be exempt from serving in the army. The oil is symbolic of purity and goodness, while the olive branch represents peace and prosperity. Historically, medicinal use of olive leaf has been for treatment of fevers and for the topical treatment of wounds or infection.
- Anti-Microbial: research has identified a chemical in olive leaf known as elenolic acid, with strong inhibitory effects on the growth of viruses, bacteria, fungi and parasites.
- Anti-Viral: olive leaf may be a true anti-viral compound because it appears to selectively block an entire virus-specific system in the infected host. It then appears to offer healing effects not addressed by pharmaceutical antibiotics. Olive leaf's broad killing power includes an ability to interfere with critical amino acid production for viruses; an ability to contain viral infection and/or spread by inactivating viruses by preventing virus shredding, budding or assembly at the cell membrane; the ability to directly penetrate infected cells and stop viral replication.
- Cardio-Protective: oleuropein, an important active constituent in olive leaf has been found to decrease blood pressure (both systolic and diastolic) and dilate the coronary arteries surrounding the heart. Oleuropein also inhibits the oxidation of LDL cholesterol.
- Hypo-Glycaemic: olive leaf has been shown in studies to exert blood sugar lowering properties.
200mg (standardised extract) one to three times daily.
Olive leaf can be irritating to the stomach lining and should be taken with meals.
Influenza, the common cold, Candida infections, meningitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome due to Epstein-Barr virus (EBV), encephalitis, herpes simplex, shingles (Herpes zoster), HIV, chronic fatigue, hepatitis B, pneumonia, tuberculosis, gonorrhoea, malaria, severe diarrhoea, and dental, ear, urinary tract and surgical infections. Cardiovascular disease – angina, hypertension, arteriosclerosis, and arrhythmia. Gout, rheumatic pain, intestinal spasm. Fever lowering (febrifuge). Psoriasis.
Known contraindications: None known
Interactions: None known
Candida – Probiotics, garlic, grapefruit seed extract, Oregon grape.
- South Africa
- Form Capsule
- Viridian Olive Leaf Extract Vegetarian Capsules (30)
No reviews yet.