Viridian Organic Sage 400mg Vegetarian Capsules (90)
Organic Botanicals- Non Irridated- Soil Association Certified
List Price R 272
Discovery Miles 2 260
This item is in stock in our CPT warehouse and can be shipped from there.You can also collect it yourself from our warehouse during the week or over weekends.
This item is in stock in our JHB warehouse and can be shipped from there. No collection facilities available, sorry!
Eligible for Cash on Delivery. Learn more
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
Sage is a silvery-green shrub with very fragrant leaves. The most commonly cultivated species of sage originally came from the area around the Mediterranean but now also grows in North America. The leaves of this common kitchen herb are used in medicine as well as in cooking.
It was used by herbalists externally to treat sprains, swelling, ulcers, and bleeding. Internally a tea made from sage leaves has had a long history of use to treat sore throats and coughs, often used as a gargle.
Can be used for:
- Menopause: in the UK herbalists employ sage to treat symptoms of menopause, such as hot flashes. An unpublished, preliminary German study with patients suffering from excessive perspiration (hyperhydrosis) found that either a dry leaf extract or an infusion of the leaf reduced sweating by as much as 50%.
- Anti-Microbial: in vitro studies have found that sage oil has antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral properties, which would explain its historical use in conditions such as sore throat, inflammations in the mouth (ulcers), and gingivitis (inflammation of the gums). Sage has been shown to be effective against candida albicans, herpes simplex virus II, and influenza virus II.
- Digetive Tonic: sage is a valuable carminative used in dyspepsia. From 1842 to 1916, sage was official in the US Pharmacopoeia, where it was recommended for its tonic, astringent, and aromatic properties, in aiding digestive health.
- Antioxidant: Rosmarinic acid found in sage has a number of interesting biological activities such as antiviral, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant. The antioxidant potential of compounds in sage is equivalent to that of alpha-tocopherol.
400mg one to three times daily.
Menopausal symptoms, excessive sweating, memory, infection, indigestion, loss of appetite, cell-protection, anti-anxiety, blood sugar lowering.
Sage is contraindicated during pregnancy
Menopausal symptoms – Black cohosh, B complex, EFAs, vitamin E
Note: For ailments surrounding mucosal tissues of the mouth or throat, direct contact with the herb is necessary i.e. forming a paste or mouthwash/gargle with the herb.
- South Africa
- Form Capsule
- Viridian Organic Sage 400mg Vegetarian Capsules (90)
No reviews yet.