Viridian Organic Turmeric 400mg Vegetarian Capsules (30)
Organic Botanicals- Non Irridated- Soil Association Certified
List Price R 116
Discovery Miles 970
This item is in stock in our CPT warehouse and can be shipped from there.You can also collect it yourself from our warehouse during the week or over weekends.
This item is in stock in our JHB warehouse and can be shipped from there. No collection facilities available, sorry!
Eligible for Cash on Delivery. Learn more
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
Turmeric is a perennial herb of the ginger family that is extensively cultivated in India, China, Indonesia, and other tropical countries. In Ayurvedic medicine, turmeric was prescribed for treatment of many conditions, including poor vision, rheumatic pains, and coughs, and to increase milk production.
Cans be used as:
- Antioxidant: The active constituent known as curcumin has been shown to protect against free radical damage to DNA. Turmeric and its derivatives have been shown to raise the body’s own antioxidant systems through increasing glutathione levels.
- Anti-Cancer: studies show a cancer-preventing action of curcumin. In one of these studies, curcumin effectively inhibited metastasis (uncontrolled spread) of melanoma (skin cancer) cells. This effect is likely to be due to its antioxidant activity in the body. The protective effects of turmeric and curcumin occur at all steps of cancer formation: initiation, promotion, and progression.
- Anti-Inflammatory: Curcumin reduces inflammation by lowering histamine levels and by increasing production of natural cortisone by the adrenal glands. A preliminary trial in people with rheumatoid arthritis found curcumin to be somewhat useful for reducing inflammation and symptoms such as pain and stiffness. A separate double-blind trial found that curcumin was superior to placebo or phenylbutazone (an NSAID) for alleviating post-surgical inflammation.
- Liver Protective: Curcumin protects the liver from a number of toxic compounds, and has been shown to be an active choleretic, increasing bile acid output by over 100%. Curcumin also aids in the excretion of cholesterol, bilirubin, and increases solubility of bile.
- Cardio-Protective: curcumin has been shown to reduce platelets from clumping together, which in turn improves circulation and may help protect against atherosclerosis.
- Digestive Tonic: turmeric and curcumin improve gastric integrity through increasing mucin content of the stomach, thus protecting against ulcer formation.
400mg one to three times daily.
Inflammatory conditions such as rheumatoid and osteoarthritis, dyspepsia, asthma, infections, eczema, psoriasis; long term prevention and treatment of cardiovascular disease, adjunct in the treatment of hyperlipidaemia; prevention of cancer and adjunct to cancer treatment; to improve gastric and hepatic function; as an antioxidant; as an anti-fungal remedy. Topically for inflammations, skin diseases and infections.
No adverse effects noted at normal dosage. Not recommended in patients with biliary tract obstruction.
High doses should not be given to those taking anti-platelet or anti-coagulant drugs.
Poor digestion – artichoke, digestive aid, probiotics, fibre complex
Inflammation –boswellia resin, flax seed oil, grape seed/pycnogenol, antioxidant complex
Note: Turmeric was listed in an Assyrian herbal dating from about 600 BC and was also mentioned by Dioscorides.
- South Africa
- Form Capsule
- Viridian Organic Turmeric 400mg Vegetarian Capsules (30)
No reviews yet.