Viridian Pantothenic Acid Vitamin B5 350mg - 30 Caps
Water-soluble vitamin that plays a key role in the production of the adrenal hormones and formation of antibodies, aids in vitamin utilisation, and helps convert fats, carbohydrates and proteins into energy
List Price R 99
Discovery Miles 880
This item is in stock in our JHB warehouse and can be shipped from there. No collection facilities available, sorry!
Eligible for Cash on Delivery. Learn more
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) is found in varying amounts in virtually every food, hence its name derived from the Greek pantos, meaning everywhere. It is a water-soluble vitamin that plays a key role in the production of the adrenal hormones and formation of antibodies, aids in vitamin utilisation, and helps convert fats, carbohydrates and proteins into energy.
- Vitamin B5 is the main nutrient for nourishing the adrenal glands. It is needed by the adrenal glands to make glucocorticoids, which may be the reason that B5 is known as the anti-stress vitamin. Nutritionally oriented doctors often recommend pantothenic acid at 250mg twice daily, in the treatment of allergies
- Pantothenic acid is crucial for energy release through the production of coenzyme A (CoA) and acyl carrier protein (ACP), two compounds known for their importance in protein, fat, and carbohydrate utilisation
- Pantothenic acid is vital for making the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, a key compound in memory processes and brain function
- Pantothenic acid, active in the synthesis of cholesterol and steroid hormones, may be useful at high dosages in the treatment of acne. Research has shown noticeable improvements in decreasing sebum secretion, reduced frequency of eruptions, and improvements in lesion healing
- Vitamin B5 supplementation has been found to reduce pain and stiffness in cases of rheumatoid arthritis. Correcting low blood levels of B5 in these individuals has shown subjective improvements including, morning stiffness, degree of disability, and severity of pain. The mechanism underpinning these effects are likely to be due to improved adrenal response through restored cortisol production
Up to 500mg per day has been used for adrenal support and in allergic conditions.
Up to 2000mg in arthritic conditions.
Potential applications: Chronic fatigue, adrenal exhaustion, post-viral fatigue e.g. ME, neuro-muscular conditions, allergies, sports performance, acne, memory loss, arthritis, chronic pain and inflammation.
Conjugation of toxins with Acteyl CoA is the primary method by which the body eliminates sulfa drugs (sulfonamides, mescalines).
- B5 has no known toxic side-effects and so can be used in relatively large amounts. And, contrary to common belief, B5 does not necessarily need to be taken with other B vitamins, as it does not appear to cause an imbalance of the B complex. Vitamin B5 upper safe level: 1000mg (long and short term - excessively large doses of around 10,000mg have been known to cause diarrhoea and gastrointestinal disturbances).
- Pantothenic acid works together with carnitine and Co Q10 in fatty-acid transport and utilisation. There are no known interactions with drugs.
Chronic stress - Rhodiola/schisandra, Ester – C, licorice, ‘High-five’ multi-vitamin/mineral, calcium/magnesium/zinc.
Arthritis - glucosamine/chondroitin, antioxidants. flax seed oil, trace minerals, boswellia.
Fatigue - CoQ10, rhodiola / schisandra, calcium/magnesium/zinc, EFAs, Iron (if anaemic),
Note: Under chronic stress, deficiency symptoms of B5 include - adrenal atrophy, burning feet, fatigue, headache, sleep disturbances, nausea, and abdominal discomfort.
- South Africa
- Viridian Pantothenic Acid Vitamin B5 350mg - 30 Caps
No reviews yet.