Wall-Live in Berlin - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 3 690
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Art Rock
- Mono / Stereo
- Tony Hollingsworth; Nick Griffiths
- The Wall: Live in Berlin, 1990 [Remastered] [Remaster]
Personnel: Roger Waters (vocals); Bryan Adams, Rick Danko, Garth Hudson, Levon Helm, Paul Carrack, Thomas Dolby, James Galway, Jerry Hall, The Hooters, Cyndi Lauper, Ute Lemper, Paddy Maloney, Joni Mitchell, Van Morrison, Sinead O'Connor, Scorpions, Tim Curry, Marianne Faithful, Albert Finney, The Bleeding Heart Band, The East Berlin Rundfunk Choir & Orchestra, The Marching Band Of The Combined Soviet Forces.
Contains THE WALL - LIVE IN BERLIN video as well as a book entitled WHICH ONE'S PINK? AN ANALYSIS OF THE CONCEPT ALBUMS OF ROGER WATERS & PINK FLOYD by Phil Rose. A portion of the proceeds will benefit the World Memorial Fund For Disaster Relief.
Personnel includes: Roger Waters, Scorpions, Ute Lemper, Sinead O'Connor, Bryan Adams, Van Morrison, The Band, Paul Carrack, Jerry Hall, Joni Mitchell, James Galway, Cyndi Lauper, Thomas Dolby, Albert Finney, Tim Curry, Marianne Faithfull, The Rundfunk Orchestra, The Military Orchestra Of The Soviet Union.
Filmed live in Berlin, Germany on July 21, 1990.
Personnel: Rick DiFonzo, Snowy White (guitar, classical guitar); Andy Fairweather Low (guitar); James Galway (flute); Garth Hudson (accordion, saxophone); Tony Hollingsworth, Nick Glennie-Smith, Peter Wood (keyboards); Graham Broad (drums); Jim Haas, Rick Denko, Jim Farber, John Joyce, Levon Helm, Rick Danko, Joe Chemay (background vocals).
Recording information: Potsdamer Platz, Berlin, Germany (07/21/1990).
Unknown Contributor Roles: East Berlin Rundfunk Choir And Orchestra; Tim Curry.
Recorded live in 1989 at the former site of the Berlin Wall, Roger Water's introspective masterpiece celebrates the Cold War's very public end with a star-studded cast of musicians and actors. The Scorpions kick things off with a majestic, Queen-like version of "In the Flesh." Waters and Ute Lemper duet on "The Thin Ice," which leads into the menacing "Another Brick in the Wall, Pt. 1." Other highlights include Sinead O'Connor's stirring rendition of "Mother, "backed by Rick Danko, Levon Helm, and Garth Hudson of the Band; Paul Carrack's faithful version of "Hey You;" and Van Morrison's soulful take on "Comfortably Numb," featuring Waters, Danko, Helm, and Hudson. Though there's no sign of Water's former bandmates in Pink Floyd, the dour ringmaster enhances the entire performance by casting Tim Curry, Albert Finney, Marianne Faithfull, and others in the ending trial sequence, and bringing the entire company together for an encore of "The Tide Is Turning."
- Country of Origin
- Universal Distribution
- Roger Waters
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] In the Flesh
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Thin Ice, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Another Brick in the Wall, Pt. 1
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Happiest Days of Our Lives, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Another Brick in the Wall, Pt. 2
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Mother
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Goodbye Blue Sky
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Empty Spaces
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Young Lust
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Oh My God/What a Fabulous Room
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] One of My Turns
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Don't Leave Me Now
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Another Brick in the Wall, Pt. 3
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] Goodbye Cruel World
- [ Disc 02 Track 01 ] Hey You
- [ Disc 02 Track 02 ] Is There Anybody Out There?
- [ Disc 02 Track 03 ] Nobody Home
- [ Disc 02 Track 04 ] Vera
- [ Disc 02 Track 05 ] Bring the Boys Back Home
- [ Disc 02 Track 06 ] Comfortably Numb
- [ Disc 02 Track 07 ] In the Flesh
- [ Disc 02 Track 08 ] Run Like Hell
- [ Disc 02 Track 09 ] Waiting for the Worms & Stop
- [ Disc 02 Track 10 ] Trial, The
- [ Disc 02 Track 11 ] Tide Is Turning, The
- [ Disc 02 Track 12 ] Tide Is Turning, The
- Studio / Live
- Video Disabled
- Paul Hicks
No reviews yet.