WD Purple NV 6TB 3.5" Surveillance HDD
Discovery Miles 50 770
On Credit: R / month
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
WD Purple NV
Purpose built storage for NVR Surveillance systems.
NVR vs DVR
- WD offers the Power of Choice when it comes to equipping a surveillance system for your home or business with the addition of WD Purple NV.
- Designed specifically for scalable network video recorder (NVR) surveillance systems, WD Purple NV adds support for systems with higher drive bay configurations and up to 64 high-definition cameras.
- The expanded workload capability of WD Purple NV hard drives enables the ability to handle increased video streams, allowing you to scale beyond the limitations of DVR systems where only WD Purple is applicable.
- Designed for higher temperatures and always-on surveillance environments, WD Purple NV hard drives expand support for higher hard drive bay configurations, systems utilizing up to 64 high-definition cameras, hardware vibration sensors and greater workloads per year when compared to WD Purple hard drives.
- Included with the increased support, WD Purple NV is also backwards compatible with DVR systems.
Optimized performance with AllFrame
- Inherited from WD Purple, WD's exclusive AllFrame technology boosts write performance for WD Purple NV hard drives by working with ATA streaming commands to reduce frame loss and improve streaming playback.
- AllFrame also reduces video interruptions that commonly occur when desktop hard drives are incorrectly used as storage in security systems, especially in higher video stream count environments where additional data is being captured at an exponential rate.
- WD Purple NV with AllFrame provides the confidence you should expect when it's time to play back and review critical surveillance footage in larger surveillance configurations.
- Designed with tarnish resistant components, WD Purple NV hard drives offer premium protection in harsh environments where surveillance systems are commonly installed including outdoor cabinets where moisture and other natural elements may be present.
- This increased protection adds reliability to the hard drive over time, especially compared to desktop drives.
Support for High Camera count Systems
- WD Purple NV hard drives are optimized to support systems utilizing high-definition surveillance cameras, giving you the flexibility to upgrade and expand your security system in the future.
- Higher storage capacities also allow you to store the surveillance footage for a longer period of time, especially in situations when every second counts.
- The specific number of cameras that can be supported will be dependent on a number of criteria including but not limited to; types and capability of cameras installed (resolution, frames per second, additional features) and the system's hardware and software capability.
Lower power consumption
- Low power consumption is crucial in high-temperature always-on surveillance environments.
- With exclusive IntelliSeek technology, WD Purple NV hard drives calculate the optimum seek speeds which lowers power consumption, noise and vibration that can damage and cause drives to wear out more quickly, increasing reliability.
3-year limited Warranty
- WD Purple NV hard drives are backed by an impressive 3-year limited Warranty giving you peace of mind that your precious surveillance footage is secure no matter where you are in the world.
- 6 TB
Data transfer rate (max)
Buffer to host
- 6 Gb/s
Host to/from drive (sustained)
- 171 MB/s
Rotational speed (RPM)
Average power requirements (W)
Standby and Sleep
Temperature ( degree C, on the base casting)
- 0 to 65
- 40 to 70
Operating (2 ms, read/write)
Operating (2 ms, read)
Non-operating (2 ms)
No reviews yet.