What a Wonderful World - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 3 790
Free delivery available |
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Contemp. Gospel
- Mono / Stereo
- Anne Murray; Tommy West
- What a Wonderful World: 26 Inspirational Classics
Personnel includes: Anne Murray (vocals); Tommy West (vocals, organ, keyboards); Dawn Lanstroth (vocals); Aidan Mason (acoustic, electric, slide & classical guitars); Michael "Pepi" Francis (acoustic & electric guitars, mandolin); Marie Berard, Adele Armin (violin); Steven Dann (viola); Richard Armin (cello); Vernon Dorge (soprano & alto saxophones); Doug Riley (piano, organ); Steve Sexton (organ, keyboards); Brian Barlow (vibraphone, marimba, percussion); Peter Beakney (fretted & fretless basses); Peter Cardinali (bass); Barry Keane, Gary Craig (drums, percussion); Tuka Matthews, Amy Sky, Dawn Cumberbatch (background vocals).
Recorded at Metalworks Studios, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
Personnel: Anne Murray (background vocals); Sharon Williams, Vivian Williams, Colina Phillips, Jackie Richardson (vocals); Aidan Mason (acoustic guitar, electric guitar, slide guitar, classical guitar); Michael Francis (acoustic guitar, electric guitar, mandolin); Marie Berard, Adele Armin (violin); Steve Dann (viola); Richard Armin (cello); Vern Dorge (soprano saxophone, alto saxophone); Doug Riley (piano, programming); Tommy West (organ, keyboards, background vocals); Steve Sexton (organ, keyboards); Brian Barlow (vibraphone, marimba, percussion); Peter Bleakney (fretless bass); Barry Keane, Gary Craig (drums, percussion); Dawn Cumberbatch, Tuku Matthews, Rique Franks, Amy Sky (background vocals).
Audio Mixers: L. Stuart Young; Joel Kazmi.
Recording information: Metalworks Studios, MS.
Arrangers: Anne Murray; Tommy West.
WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD was originally released as a two-CD set of spirituals and inspirational pop songs in 1999. The 2008 edition cuts the selection from 26 to 14 songs, eliminating most of the classic gospel hymns and focusing primarily on Anne Murray's sweet-toned easy-listening versions of stalwart pop tunes like the Beatles' "Let It Be," Jackie DeShannon's "Put A Little Love In Your Heart," and Simon and Garfunkel's "Bridge Over Troubled Water." The elimination of most of the straight gospel material (cut down to a handful of songs in the disc's second half, including "Amazing Grace," "The Old Rugged Cross," and "How Great Thou Art") brings the set more in line with Murray's usual secular releases, which have a similar focus on well-known pop covers.
- Country of Origin
- CMG Music Group Gospel
- Studio / Live
- Anne Murray
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Lord, I Hope This Day Is Good
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Amazing Grace
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Lean on Me
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Just a Closer Walk With Thee/Take My Hand Lord Jesus: Just A Closer Walk With Thee / Take My Hand, Lord Jesus
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Let It Be
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Softly and Tenderly
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Let There Be Love
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] I Believe in You
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] It Is No Secret
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] What a Wonderful World
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Peace in the Valley
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Other Side, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Old Rugged Cross, The
- [ Disc 02 Track 01 ] I Can See Clearly Now
- [ Disc 02 Track 02 ] In the Garden
- [ Disc 02 Track 03 ] You've Got a Friend
- [ Disc 02 Track 04 ] Whispering Hope
- [ Disc 02 Track 05 ] Put a Little Love in Your Heart
- [ Disc 02 Track 06 ] How Great Thou Art
- [ Disc 02 Track 07 ] Song of Bernadette
- [ Disc 02 Track 08 ] Elijah
- [ Disc 02 Track 09 ] Bridge over Troubled Water
- [ Disc 02 Track 10 ] If You See My Saviour
- [ Disc 02 Track 11 ] Jacob's Ladder
- [ Disc 02 Track 12 ] Nearer My God to Thee
- [ Disc 02 Track 13 ] Lord's Prayer, The
- 128m 19s
- Video Disabled
- L. Stu Young; L. Stuart Young; Joel Kazmi
No reviews yet.