Yes - Classic Yes (CD)
Discovery Miles 1 380
Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Art Rock
- Number of Discs
- Number of Items
- Classic Yes [Remaster]
- Country of Origin
- Atlantic (Label)
- WEA (Distributor)
- Mono / Stereo
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Ravel : Bol Ro
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Pr Lude (Ravel : Le Tombeau De Couperin)
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Forlane (Ravel : Le Tombeau De Couperin)
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Menuet (Ravel : Le Tombeau De Couperin)
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Rigaudon (Ravel : Le Tombeau De Couperin)
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Debussy : Pr Lude L'apr S-Midi D'un Faune
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] De L'aube Midi Sur La Mer (Debussy : La Mer)
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Jeux De Vagues (Debussy : La Mer)
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Dialogue Du Vent At De La Mer (Debussy : La Mer)
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Heart of the Sunrise
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Wonderous Stories
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Yours Is No Disgrace
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Starship Trooper: Life Seeker/Disillusion/Wrm: Life Seeker / Disillusion / Wurm
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Long Distance Runaround
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Fish, The (Schindleria Praematurus)
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] And You and I: Cord of Life/Eclipse/The Preacher The Teacher/The Apocalypse: Cord Of Life / Eclipse / The Preacher The Teacher / The Apocalypse
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Roundabout [Live at Oakland Version] - (live)
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] I've Seen All Good People: Your Move/All Good People: Your Move / All Good People - (live)
- Release Date
- 6 May 1991
CLASSIC YES includes extra live tracks originally issued on a bonus 7" EP as part of the original LP package.
Yes includes: Jon Anderson, Steve Howe, Chris Squire, Rick Wakeman, Bill Bruford, Alan White, Tony Kaye.
Producers: Yes, Eddie Offord.
Compilation producer: Chris Squire.
Recorded between 1970 and 1978. Originally released on Atlantic (19320).
Digitally remastered by Joe Gastwirt (Ocean View Digital).
How do you effectively anthologize on a single record the career of a band known for side-long epics? You either pick some of their shorter songs, or their finest, most representative epics. Somehow, this 1981 compilation, which encapsulates the band's '70s career, manages to do both.
The sparkling ballad "Wonderous (sic) Stories" and the poignant "Heart of the Sunrise," with its shifting dynamics and heartfelt vocal, are Yes at their song-oriented best. Longer, multi-part "suites" like CLOSE TO THE EDGE's "And You and I" and THE YES ALBUM's "Starship Trooper" present the more complex, structurally sophisticated side of the band, where the interaction between Steve Howe, Chris Squire and either Rick Wakeman or Tony Kaye is the key to the elaborate arrangements. It could have easily been a double or triple album, but for a concise snapshot of Yes in the '70s, CLASSIC YES fills the bill nicely.
- 64m 2s
- Audio Format
- PCM Audio
- Studio / Live
- Video Disabled
- Date Released
- 1999-01-01 00:00:00
No reviews yet.