20th Century Masters:Millennium Colle - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 940
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Jazz Instrument
- Mono / Stereo
- 20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best of Louis Armstrong
Personnel includes: Louis Armstrong (vocals, trumpet); Bing Crosby (vocals); Gordon Jenkins' Orchestra and Choir; Sy Olivers' Orchestra; John Scott Trotter's Orchestra.
Producers: Milt Gabler, Bob Thiele, Michael Kapp.
Compilation producer: Andy McKaie.
Recorded between September 6, 1949 and August 16, 1967. Includes liner notes by Joseph F. Laredo.
Digitally remastered by Erick Labson (MCA Music Media studios, North Hollywood, California).
This is part of MCA's 20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection series.
Personnel: Louis Armstrong (vocals, trumpet); Bing Crosby (vocals).
Liner Note Author: Joseph F. Laredo.
Recording information: Los Angeles, CA; New York, NY; Vegas, NV.
Arrangers: John Scott Trotter; Sy Oliver.
When dealing with Armstrong's long and varied career, re-issuers wisely focus on one facet or another of his musical personality. THE MILLENNIUM COLLECTION concentrates on Armstrong's later career, when his reputation as jazz's first great pioneer was supplanted by the image which remains foremost in the public mind: that of the broadly smiling singer mopping his brow while punctuating his lyrics with gravelly chuckles and ingratiating asides. Armstrong's singing is exemplary and the material, recorded between 1949 and 1968, is uniformly wonderful. All of his signature songs are here, including "What A Wonderful World," "Hello Dolly!" and "A Kiss To Build A Dream On," as well as surprising choices like Kander and Ebbs' "Cabaret" and a 1949 rendition of "Blueberry Hill" that nearly equals Fats Domino's better-known 1955 hit. THE MILLENNIUM COLLECTION, while limited in scope, is an excellent overview of Armstrong's vocal work.
- Country of Origin
- Studio / Live
- Louis Armstrong
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] What a Wonderful World [Single Version]
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Hello, Dolly!
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Dream a Little Dream of Me
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Cabaret [Single Version]
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] That Lucky Old Sun (Just Rolls Around Heaven All Day) [Single Version]
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] I Still Get Jealous
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Blueberry Hill [Single Version]
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] A Kiss to Build a Dream On [Single Version], A
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Gone Fishin' [Single Version]
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] When It's Sleepy Time Down South [Alternative Lyric Version]
- 28m 1s
- Video Disabled
No reviews yet.