20th Century Masters:Millennium Collection - (Import CD)
Sam the Sham & the P
Discovery Miles 960
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Mono / Stereo
- Andy McKaie; Andy McKaie (Compilation)
- 20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best of Sam the Sham & the Pharao
Includes liner notes by Bill Dahl.
Liner Note Author: Bill Dahl.
Like their fellow Texans the Sir Douglas Quintet, Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs started as a response to the 1960s British Invasion, but the (eventually) Memphis-via-Dallas band's blend of swamp boogie, Latin rhythms, and gutbucket R&B was so singular that no one could be convinced they were British. From the classic garage-rocking debut single "Woolly Bully" through hit follow-up singles such as the lascivious "Lil Red Riding Hood" and the lubricious "Ring Dang Doo," Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs had a winning streak of raw pop singles that swing just as hard today. 20TH CENTURY MASTERS: THE MILLENNIUM COLLECTION collects one dozen of the band's finest efforts in a simple, effective overview of their career.
- Country of Origin
- Universal Distribution
- Sam the Sham & the Pharaohs
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Wooly Bully
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Lil' Red Riding Hood
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Ju Ju Hand
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Red Hot
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Ring Dang Doo
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Big Blue Diamonds
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Pharaoh A-Go-Go
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Hair on My Chinny Chin Chin, The
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] (I'm in With) The Out Crowd
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] How Do You Catch a Girl
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] I Couldn't Spell !! *@!
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Oh That's Good, No That's Bad
- Studio / Live
- Video Disabled
No reviews yet.