360 Degrees of Billy Paul - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 1 050
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Philly Soul
- Mono / Stereo
- 360 Degrees of Billy Paul
Personnel includes: Billy Paul (vocals, arranger); Bobby Martin (arranger); David Bay, Bunny Sigler, Norman Harris, Roland Chambers, Bobby Eli (guitar); Eddie Green, Leon Huff (piano); Lenny Pakula (organ); Vince Montana (vibraphone); Anthony Jackson, Ronnie Baker (bass); Norman Farrington, Earl Young (drums); Larry Washington (congas).
Producers: Kenneth Gamble, Leon Huff.
Recorded at Sigma Sound Studios, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1972.
The 1970s soul star Billy Paul is most closely associated with his immortal smash, "Me and Mrs. Jones," the smooth, supple cheating song that helped define not just the Philly soul style but the sound of an entire era. While that classic tune is certainly the centerpiece of 360 DEGREES OF BILLY PAUL, it's far from the only memorable moment. Paul proves adept at sliding soulfully into other people's songs too, adding a jazzy touch to Carole King's "It's Too Late," making Al Green's "Let's Stay Together" even softer and more romantic than the original, and giving Elton John's ballad, "Your Song," a danceable, upbeat treatment. Additionally, tunes like "Brown Baby" and "I'm Just a Prisoner" convincingly address social issues, proving Paul was more than just a love man.
- Country of Origin
- Sony Music Distribution (
- Billy Paul
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Brown Baby
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] I'm Just a Prisoner
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] It's Too Late
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Me and Mrs. Jones
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Am I Black Enough For You
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Let's Stay Together
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Your Song
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] I'm Gonna Make It This Time
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Me and Mrs. Jones - (live)
- Studio / Live
- Living Blues (7-8/02, p.85) - "...Studded with odd covers...its centerpiece was and remains the sensous smash 'Me And Mrs. Jones'..."
- Video Disabled
- Joe Tarsia
No reviews yet.