Allen & Heath XD2 53 Professional Monitoring Headphones
Discovery Miles 33 850
On Credit: R / month
Eligible for Cash on Delivery. Learn more
Free delivery available |
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
Clinton, South Africa. 24 June 2016
Been using these for about three months now for DJ Performances.
-Great sound quality
-Will make your ears bleed if you not cautious
-Virtually no distortion even at very high volumes
-Detachable / Replaceable Cable
-Neat carry bag
-Folds into quite a small package for transport
-Sound isolation is great, even in loud environments.
-Ear cushions cannot be replaced
-Slightly heavy but you get used to it
-Might be slightly big for some users, seriously, you need a big pip for these things
Overall, very happy for the price and would recommend to anyone that's looking for new cans.
Close comparison to the HDJ-1000 and 2000's.
Wade, South Africa. 4 April 2016
- Very good overall sound quality
- Very "flexible" pair of headphones in that they swivel and are foldable and adjustable
- Seem relatively durable
- Detachable cable
- Bass has a little bit of a kick, which is always good, but is far from overpowering
- These headphones can get VERY loud (depending on your system, of course)
- No distortion
- Not among the most comfortable headphone options. The first thing I felt when putting them on my head was discomfort, though you can get used to it after using it a few times
- Cymbals, for example, are slightly in the background in terms of volume
I listen to rock and metal, so my review is based on listening to those genres, but bear in mind, I am not a DJ and these work well for home usage and genres other than dance/electronica, despite the fact that the target market for these cans are DJs.