Anthology:1980-2005 - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 1 590
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Mono / Stereo
- Patrick Leonard; Jim Vallance; Bryan Adams; Don Was; Terry Lewis; Bonnie Raitt; Bob Rock; David Nicholas; Phil Thornalley; Jimmy Jam; Bob Clearmountain; Chris E. Thomas; Chris Thomas; Patrick Leonard; Robert John Lange; Jim Vallance; Bryan Adams; Don Was; Bonnie Raitt; Bob Rock; David Nicholas; Bob Clearmountain; Jam & Lewis
Personnel: Bryan Adams (vocals, guitar, acoustic guitar, dobro, harmonica, piano, hand claps, background vocals); John Eddie, Pamela Anderson Lee, Bonnie Raitt (vocals); Jim Vallance (guitar, piano, organ, bass guitar, drums, percussion); Phil Thornalley (guitar, keyboards, bass guitar, programming); Joe Walker, Jr. (acoustic guitar); George Marinelli (electric guitar); Paco de Luc¡a (Spanish guitar); Davy Spillane (whistle); Tommy Mandel (accordion); Ralph Eppel, Tom Keenlyside, Bruce Fairbairn (horns); Patrick Leonard, Gary Breit (piano, organ); David Paich, Bill Payne (piano, Hammond b-3 organ); Michael Kamen (piano); Robbie King, Tom Mandel (Hammond b-3 organ); Robert Sabino (keyboards, electric keyboard); Jimmy Jam, Nick Bracegirdle, Phil Nicholas, Terry Lewis (keyboards, programming); Glen Clark, Phil Western (keyboards); Peter Bjerring (synthesizer); Norm Fisher, Larry Klein, Robert John "Mutt" Lange, James "Hutch" Hutchinson, Brian Stanley (bass guitar); Mickey Curry (drums, percussion); Pat Steward, Ricky Fataar, Steve Smith (drums); Olle Romo (castanets); Danny Cummings, Debra Dobkin (percussion); Bruce Adams, M. Simpson, Nancy Nash, K. Davies, J. Wesley, L. Frenette, The Pointless Brothers, The Tuck Back Twins, Dave Taylor, Dave Taylor , Mark Du'velle Doyle, Lou Gramm, Mark Doyle , Keith Scott, Bob Clearmountain (background vocals); Julliard School NYC Orchestra.
Additional personnel: Rod Stewart, Tina Turner (vocals); Bonnie Raitt (slide guitar); Sting (bass guitar); Pamela Anderson Lee.
Audio Mixers: David Nicholas; Bob Clearmountain; Ed Cherney; Steve Jackson .
Liner Note Author: Dave Marsh .
Recording information: A.I.R., London, England (10/20/1978-05/17/2005); Air Studios, London, England (10/20/1978-05/17/2005); Battery Studios, London, England (10/20/1978-05/17/2005); Bryan Adams' House "Cliffhanger" (10/20/1978-05/17/2005); Bungalow 1, Chateau Marmont (10/20/1978-05/17/2005); Cary Island (10/20/1978-05/17/2005); Cherokee Studios, Los Angeles, CA (10/20/1978-05/17/2005); Cliffhanger Studios, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canad (10/20/1978-05/17/2005); Conway Recording (10/20/1978-05/17/2005); Front Room Of Bryan Adams' House (10/20/1978-05/17/2005); Hammerstein Ballroom, NY (10/20/1978-05/17/2005); Jamaica (10/20/1978-05/17/2005); Lethbridge Arena, Alberta, Canada (10/20/1978-05/17/2005); Little Mountain Sound, Vancouver, British Columbia, Can (10/20/1978-05/17/2005); Mayfair Studios, London, England (10/20/1978-05/17/2005); Merrion Hotel, Room 292, Dublin, Ireland (10/20/1978-05/17/2005); Mushroom Studios, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (10/20/1978-05/17/2005); Mutt's Home (10/20/1978-05/17/2005); Paramount Theatre, Oakland, CA (10/20/1978-05/17/2005); Pavilhao Atlantic, Lisboa, Portugal (10/20/1978-05/17/2005); Power Station, New York, NY (10/20/1978-05/17/2005); Provence, France (10/20/1978-05/17/2005); Ramatuelle, France (10/20/1978-05/17/2005); Studio Guillaume Tell, Paris, France (10/20/1978-05/17/2005); Sully Sound, Switzerland (10/20/1978-05/17/2005); The Townhouse, London, England (10/20/1978-05/17/2005); The Warehouse Studio, Vancouver, British Columbia, Cana (10/20/1978-05/17/2005); Various Hotels In Europe (10/20/1978-05/17/2005); Villa Las Palmas (10/20/1978-05/17/2005); Warehouse Studio Mobile Unit, France (10/20/1978-05/17/2005); Warehouse Studio, Mobile Unit, Jamaica (10/20/1978-05/17/2005); Willesden, North London (10/20/1978-05/17/2005).
Photographers: Bryan Adams; Perry Curties; Andrew Catlin.
Arrangers: Patrick Leonard; Bryan Adams.
Spanning 36 tracks over the course of two CDs, 2005's Anthology is by far the most comprehensive Bryan Adams compilation yet released. While this doesn't have every charting hit he's had -- minor singles like "Fits Ya Good" are missing in action -- it does have every noteworthy hit, from "Lonely Nights" in 1982 to "This Side of Paradise" in 2005. Since his first compilation, 1993's So Far So Good, was frustratingly incomplete, it's nice to have Anthology be so comprehensive, even if it's exhaustive to a fault. There will be many fans that just want the first disc, which roughly spans from 1982 to 1993: it's the one that has his biggest and best songs, while the second disc, covering 1993 to 2005, has songs that not only were bigger in Canada and Europe than the U.S., but tunes that leaned toward bland adult contemporary, lacking the anthemic rock of the hits from the first disc. That said, there is no better Bryan Adams compilation on the market and fans that don't like his later work can just listen to the first disc, which is about as good a distillation of his prime years as there could be. [Initial pressings of Anthology contained a bonus DVD that featured a full-length recent concert taped in Lisbon.] ~ Stephen Thomas Erlewine
- Country of Origin
- A&M (USA)
- Studio / Live
- Bryan Adams
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Remember
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Lonely Nights
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Straight from the Heart
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Cuts Like a Knife
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] This Time
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Run to You
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Somebody
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Heaven
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Summer of '69
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] One Night Love Affair
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] It's Only Love
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Heat of the Night
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Hearts on Fire
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] (Everything I Do) I Do It for You
- [ Disc 01 Track 15 ] Can't Stop This Thing We Started
- [ Disc 01 Track 16 ] There Will Never Be Another Tonight
- [ Disc 01 Track 17 ] Thought I'd Died and Gone to Heaven
- [ Disc 01 Track 18 ] Best of Me, The
- [ Disc 02 Track 01 ] Please Forgive Me
- [ Disc 02 Track 02 ] All for Love
- [ Disc 02 Track 03 ] Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman?
- [ Disc 02 Track 04 ] Rock Steady - (live, Live)
- [ Disc 02 Track 05 ] Only Thing That Looks Good on Me Is You, The
- [ Disc 02 Track 06 ] Let's Make a Night to Remember
- [ Disc 02 Track 07 ] Star
- [ Disc 02 Track 08 ] Back to You - (live, Live)
- [ Disc 02 Track 09 ] I'm Ready - (live, Live)
- [ Disc 02 Track 10 ] On a Day Like Today
- [ Disc 02 Track 11 ] Cloud Number Nine - (Chicane Mix)
- [ Disc 02 Track 12 ] Here I Am
- [ Disc 02 Track 13 ] This Side of Paradise
- [ Disc 02 Track 14 ] Why Do You Have to Be So Hard to Love
- [ Disc 02 Track 15 ] Open Road
- [ Disc 02 Track 16 ] 18 Til I Die - (live, Live In Lisbon)
- [ Disc 02 Track 17 ] When You're Gone
- [ Disc 02 Track 18 ] So Far So Good
- Universal Distribution
- 153m 58s
- Video Disabled
- Ben Dobie; Ron Vermeulen; Bob Clearmountain; Ed Cherney; Ken Lomas; Kevin Globerman; Nigel Green; Randy Staub; Steve Hodge; Steve Jackson; Tim Crich; Mike Fraser; Greg Goldman; Phil Gitomer; Paul Northfield; Jeff Hendrickson; Ben Dobie; Yan Memmi; Ron Obvious; Robbie Whelan; Ron Vermeulen
No reviews yet.