Apple Thunderbolt Cable (0.5m)
Discovery Miles 8 790
On Credit: R / month
Free Delivery Available
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
1 Year Limited Warranty. Learn more
Vusi, South Africa. 11 November 2015
The reason for me buying this cable came about due finding myself with an unbootable iMac (Late 2013 Model). My Mac was constantly shutting itself down at boot-up, after displaying the Apple logo during the boot-up process, it just wouldn't go past this and would shut itself down. Problem was I had no backup of my system to boot up from whatsoever and really needed to save my data before I could re-install the O/S in order to be able to use my beloved Mac once again.
Either this cable or a FireWire cable would save me from losing my data, by connecting my unbootable Mac in Target Disk Mode (another Mac sees my one as a HARD DISK) to another Mac (used MacBook Pro in my case) using either of the 2 cables. Well, I opted for this very cable and I don't regret this choice at all.
This is what I think of this wire:
1. Build quality is excellent, really thick cable.
2. It fits in perfectly onto the thunderbolt ports. So, once the cable is slotted onto the ports, it stays there.
3. The cable won't tangle because of it's short length and diameter.
4. The Data transfer speed is very good in my opinion, had huge amounts of data to transfer and managed to do so in +/- 2 hours (huge photo raw files and install files were part of it)
5. Packaging is small enough, making it highly portable.
6. The cable is instantly recognized by either the iMac or the MacBook Pro ensuring an instant connection between the computers (no unnecessary wait time).
1. Inner part of the package that supports the cable heads is a bit weak, Apple could have made them to be a bit stronger (Don't see the support bits lasting long).
2. Cable a bit too short, you need to place the Macs very close together in order to successfully achieve the connection. (I find the 1m version very to be expensive in comparison to this one).
Absolutely very good cable, a good buy in my books.
Gavin, South Africa. 26 July 2016
Cable works really well but it is way too short. I recommend getting the 2m version.
Samuel, South Africa. 28 November 2016
This is what I have been looking for, Thank you