Ashford & Simpson - Gospel According To Ashford & Simpson (CD)
Discovery Miles 370
Eligible for Cash on Delivery. Learn more
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Number of Discs
- Number of Items
- Gospel According to Ashford & Simpson
- Country of Origin
- Mono / Stereo
- South Africa
- R&B / Soul
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] I'll Be There For You
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Love It Away
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Mighty Mighty Love
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Make It Work Again
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] I'm Not That Tough
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Street Opera (Part 1/Working Man)
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Street Opera (Part 2/Who Will They Look to)
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Street Opera (Part 3/Street Corner)
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Street Opera (Part 4/Times Will Be Good Again)
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Street Opera (Part 5/Working Man) - (reprise)
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Solid
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Cherish Forever More
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Tonight We Escape (We Make Love)
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] Still Such a Thing
- [ Disc 01 Track 15 ] Count Your Blessings
Personnel: Nickolas Ashford, Valerie Simpson (vocals, piano, Fender Rhodes, electric piano, keyboards, synthesizer, drum programming, percussion); Eric Gale, Sid McGinnis (guitar); Vinnie Della-Roca (saxophone); Joe Mosello (trumpet); Pete Cannarozzi, Ray Chew, Tim Cox, Joseph Joubert, Jimmy Simpson (piano, Fender Rhodes, electric piano, keyboards, synthesizer, drum programming, percussion); Francisco Centeno (bass); Ivan Hampden, Yogi Horton, Chris Parker (drums); Sammy Figueroa, Ralph MacDonald, Jimmy Simpson (percussion); Ulanda McCullough, Raymond Simpson (background vocals).
Producers: Nickolas Ashford, Valerie Simpson.
Compilation producer: Leo Sacks.
Engineers include: Mike Alaire, Joe Arlotta, Ted Blechta, Barney Bristol.
Includes liner notes by Michele Wallace.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
THE GOSPEL ACCORDING TO ASHFORD & SIMPSON: COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS is part of EMI Records' Heart Of Soul series.
A 15-song sampler of their 1980s work, leaning far more heavily on tracks from the first half of the decade, this includes the hits "I'll Be There for You," "Count Your Blessings," "Street Opera," and "Solid," although one of their biggest, "Outta the World," is strangely absent. More than just about any other single-artist compilation you could name, this is a definitive representation of how mainstream soul often sounded in the 1980s. Which is to say, it often sounded more like adult contemporary pop than soul. ~ Richie Unterberger
- EMI Music Distribution
- Audio Format
- PCM Audio
- Studio / Live
- Video Disabled
- Ashford & Simpson
- Date Released
- 57m 47s
No reviews yet.