Bad Reputation - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 1 590
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Hard Rock
- Mono / Stereo
- Bad Reputation
Personnel: Joan Jett (vocals, guitar); Sean Tyla (acoustic 12-string guitar); Steve Jones (guitar, bass); Lea Hart, Ricky Byrd (guitar, background vocals); Buzz Chantner, Frank Infante, Louie Maxfield (guitar); Mick Eve, John Earle (saxophone); Kenny Laguna (piano, keyboards, organ, Clavinet, tambourine, background vocals); Jeff Bannister (piano); Jeff Peters, Gary Ryan (bass, background vocals); Richard D'Andrea, Mickey Groomes (bass); Paul Simmons (drums, background vocals); Joel Turrisi, Paul Cook, Clem Burke, Lee Crystal (drums); Commander Goonwaddle (tubular bells); Ritchie Cordell (background vocals, knee slaps, chest slaps); Martyn Watson, Rainbow, Johnny Gash (background vocals).
Producers: Kenny Laguna, Ritchie Cordell, Steve Jones, Paul Cook.
Engineers: Mark Dodson, Joe Latimer, Stuart Panes.
Recorded at Fidelity Recorders, Studio City, California; Chappell Studios and Rampart Studios, England between March 1979 and March 1980. Includes liner notes by Danny Solazzi.
Digitally remastered by Bob Ludwig (Masterdisk, New York, New York, March 1992).
After spending the '70s as part of the influential all-girl rock group the Runaways, singer/guitarist Joan Jett launched a solo career after the band's 1979 dissolution. Although her former band's music definitely had a punk edge, ("Cherry Bomb," anyone?), Jett's debut release, 1981's BAD REPUTATION, makes clear that she had finally embraced punk rock with open arms.
Featuring a revolving door of punk notables, including Blondie's Frank Infante and Clem Burke, ex-Sex Pistols Paul Cook and Steve Jones, and the Ramones' Marky and Dee Dee, BAD REPUTATION rocks more ferociously and consistently than any other Joan Jett recording. Standouts include a cover of Gary Glitter's "Do You Wanna Touch Me? (Oh Yeah!)," which would become a big hit when re-released in '82, and the attitude-heavy title track.
- Country of Origin
- Blackheart Records Group
- Phantom Import Distributi
- Joan Jett
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] Bad Reputation
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Make Believe
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] You Don't Know What You've Got
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] You Don't Own Me
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Too Bad On Your Birthday
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Do You Want To Touch Me (Oh Yeah)
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Let Me Go
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] Doing Alright With The Boys
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Shout
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Jezebel
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Don't Abuse Me
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] Wooly Bully
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Call Me Lightning
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] Hanky Panky
- [ Disc 01 Track 15 ] What Can I Do For You?
- [ Disc 01 Track 16 ] You Don't Own Me - (previously unreleased)
- [ Disc 01 Track 17 ] Bad Reputation / The Ramones - (previously unreleased, live)
- Studio / Live
Rolling Stone (4/11/02, p.108) - Ranked #36 in Rolling Stone's "50 Coolest Records" - "...[Sounds like] every other Joan Jett record, except faster and better..."
Rolling Stone (10/31/02, p.140) - Ranked # 47 in Rolling Stone's "Women in Rock: The 50 Essential Albums"
- Video Disabled
No reviews yet.