Canon CanoScan 9000F MK II Professional Scanner
List Price R 3,499
Discovery Miles 32 990
On Credit: R / month
This item is in stock in our CPT warehouse and can be shipped from there.You can also collect it yourself from our warehouse during the week or over weekends.
This item is in stock in our JHB warehouse and can be shipped from there. No collection facilities available, sorry!
Eligible for Cash on Delivery. Learn more
Free Delivery Available
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
1 Year Limited Warranty. Learn more
Christo, South Africa. 21 May 2015
Great product, works well for scanning 35mm and 120 negatives
Christo, South Africa. 21 April 2015
Great product, works well for scanning negatives.
Jill, South Africa. 23 April 2015
I was looking for a good quality scanner to scan film negatives, slides, etc. The reviews of the 9000F were very good, so I made the purchase.
I'm now in love. The quality of scans is like nothing I've seen before. The speed of the scanner is simply amazing. It has a lot of nice features I haven't used yet but for me the feature I use the most is the Auto Scan button. It scans, crops and saves in a second. It's cut down my work by a great deal, so I'm very happy.
Peter, South Africa. 13 September 2017
I purchased this scanner to replace an older model that was no-longer compatible with Windows 10 (for some weird reason, Canon have been very slow/reluctant to produce Windows 10-compatible drivers for their flatbed scanners; and have not produced and new flatbed scanners. Fortunately, Canon recently produced a new Win 10 driver for this model, and it works just fine with my setup. The features (as described on this web site)are great, and the software intuitive to use. Integration with other software (such as PDF readers, e-mail Apps, photo-editing software and OCR software) is seamless and accurate with excellent high definition and extremely clear colour. An excellent product.
Dean, South Africa. 10 May 2017
The optical quality on this scanner is well-worth the money, and the film and transparency scan options produce scans better than I thought.
The reason for the lost star are a few things that Canon need to sort out:
1. The "proper" ScanGear software is not available for download and you have to use the provided CD. That's a big problem if you no longer have a CD drive handy, so make a copy of the installs and save it somewhere
2. The interfaces feel 10 years old - I know Canon is not a software company by trade, but they really could use some tune-ups on interface design.
3. The auto-correct options can be a bit harsh. Recognise that you're going to need to pair this scanner with time and software to maximise the results.
4. When doing manual scanning, the images are not immediately available in your scan session - you have to end the session and then it makes them all available.
5. I had to Google how to get large scans to work properly - change and fiddle here and there.
That said, its fast for what it does and value for money. Note that multi-page documents will require lots of lid-lifting, and high-res photo scans are slow but accurate.
Keith, South Africa. 25 September 2017