Cheap Trick - (Import CD)
Discovery Miles 1 250
Hassle-Free Exchanges & Returns for 30 Days. Learn more
- Rock & Pop
- Hard Rock
- Mono / Stereo
- Cheap Trick  [Remaster]
- Studio / Live
Also available in a 3-pack with IN COLOR and HEAVEN TONIGHT.
Cheap Trick: Robin Zander (vocals, guitar); Rick Nielsen (guitar, background vocals); Tom Petersson (bass, background vocals); Bun E. Carlos (drums).
Reissue producer: Bruce Dickinson
Recorded at The Record Plant, New York, New York in 1976 and 1977. Includes original liner notes by Eric Von Lustbader and reissue liner notes by Greg Kot.
Digitally remastered by Vic Anesini (Sony Music Studios, New York, New York).
Cheap Trick: Robin Zander (vocals, guitar); Rick Nielsen (guitar); Tom Petersson (bass guitar); Bun E. Carlos (drums).
Cheap Trick's self-titled debut is a '70s rock masterpiece. Although it doesn't contain many renowned songs, it does have superbly underrated compositions and electric performances, and a dark undercurrent is encountered throughout. The melodic hard rock has pop leanings at times, but the album was wisely recorded raw (by Aerosmith producer Jack Douglas), and such disturbing topics as pedophilia, serial murderers, suicide and prostitution are touched upon.
"ELO Kiddies" starts the album off on an anthemic note (the track would be used steadily in concert to get the crowd going), while "Hot Love" and "He's A Whore" showed that the band could easily hold their own with the punk rock crowd. "Mandocello" is an absolutely gorgeous acoustic ballad that had hit single written all over it, while "Daddy Should Have Stayed In High School," "The Ballad of TV Violence" and "Speak Now" are all hard-rocking highlights. Many rightly consider CHEAP TRICK to be the band's finest album (Cheap Trick released a totally different self-titled album in 1997, which should not be confused with this 1977 debut of the same name).
- Country of Origin
- Sony Music Distribution (
- Cheap Trick
- Songs / Tracks
- [ Disc 01 Track 01 ] ELO Kiddies
- [ Disc 01 Track 02 ] Daddy Should Have Stayed in High School
- [ Disc 01 Track 03 ] Taxman, Mr. Thief
- [ Disc 01 Track 04 ] Cry, Cry
- [ Disc 01 Track 05 ] Oh, Candy
- [ Disc 01 Track 06 ] Hot Love
- [ Disc 01 Track 07 ] Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace
- [ Disc 01 Track 08 ] He's a Whore
- [ Disc 01 Track 09 ] Mandocello
- [ Disc 01 Track 10 ] Ballad of TV Violence, The (I'm Not the Only Boy)
- [ Disc 01 Track 11 ] Lovin' Money - (outtake)
- [ Disc 01 Track 12 ] I Want You to Want Me - (outtake)
- [ Disc 01 Track 13 ] Lookout - (previously unreleased, outtake)
- [ Disc 01 Track 14 ] You're All Talk - (previously unreleased, outtake)
- [ Disc 01 Track 15 ] I Dig Go-Go Girls - (previously unreleased, outtake)
- Video Disabled
- Jay Messina
No reviews yet.