Join us on our journey as we continue to grow, and keep up to date on the latest happenings & developments in the world of takealot.com
Stand to win with the new Ozow PIN
1. What is Ozow?
Ozow is an instant EFT payment option that is accessible through all web enabled devices, whether desktop or mobile. Ozow payments can be made quickly & easily using your existing online banking details in a secure and safe environment. Try the new Ozow PIN to complete EFT payments twice as fast.
2. What is Ozow PIN?
Ozow PIN is a world-first payment method brought to you by Ozow. It is a 4 digit pin that allows you to make payments directly from your bank account in 2 easy steps.
3. Do I have to register in order to use Ozow as a consumer?
No, with Ozow you can make EFT payments easily and securely without having to register on Ozow. All you need is an online banking account with any leading South African bank. Just use your existing internet banking details to logon through the Ozow’s payment system to pay for your order on Takealot.com.
4. How does Ozow work?
4.1 Select Ozow as your payment option during checkout
4.2. Select your bank from the list presented
4.3. Tick the check box “Create my Ozow PIN after payment”
4.4. The automated process will navigate and populate the next steps on your behalf
4.5. Your bank will send you payment authentication either by means of SMS, Push message or In-App Authentication
4.6. Once you have successfully authorised your payment, the transaction is complete and Takealot.com will process your order
4.7. You’ll be prompted to create your 4-digit Ozow PIN which you can use to pay for your next order in 2 quick steps
5. Why use Ozow?
5.1. Faster transactions and payment confirmation means you could get your goods quicker.
5.2. No need to download or register with Ozow.
5.3. You don’t require a credit card, only an online bank account.
5.4. No proof of payment required.
5.5. It’s quick & easy. Pay for orders in 2 easy steps using your 4-digit Ozow PIN
6. I forgot my Ozow PIN, what now?
Simply select “Remove Ozow PIN” on the payment screen . Log in via your online banking username & password to complete payment for your order. You can recreate your Ozow PIN on your next transaction.
7. How do I change my Ozow PIN bank account?
Simply select “Pay using different account” on the payment screen and login using your online banking username & password to complete payment for your order. You can only have one Ozow PIN at any given time and will have to create a new Ozow PIN when changing or setting up a new bank account.
Takealot X Ozow Competition: Competition Rules
Stand a chance to win one of ten R1000 Takealot gift vouchers (each a “Voucher Prize”).
1. Promoter: This competition is promoted by Takealot Online (RF) (Pty) Ltd (reg. no. 2010/020248/07) (“Takealot.com”, “Takealot”, “us”, “we” or “our”).
2. Competition Period: This competition runs from 10am on 7 September 2020 until 4pm on 30 September 2020 (“Competition Period”). No entries will be accepted after 4pm on 30 September 2020.
3. Who can enter: You are entitled to participate in this competition if: (i) you are a natural person who is at least 18 years old and who resides in South Africa; and (ii) it is lawful for you to be awarded the particular prize. You may NOT participate if you are a supplier of goods or services in connection with this competition, or if you are a director, member, partner, employee, agent of, or consultant to Takealot.com or any other entity which directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by Takealot.com, or if you are any of the aforementioned persons’ spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister or business partner.
4. How to enter:
This competition is run on the takealot.com website, as well as related Takealot mobi-sites and software applications. To enter you must have a valid Takealot account AND, during the Competition Period, you must have created a valid Ozow Pin for purposes of transacting on your Takealot account (collectively a “Qualifying Entry”). Each Qualifying Entry will be entered into the draw and you will stand a chance to win one of the Voucher Prizes. Note that should you at any stage act in contravention of section 5 below, your entry will be withdrawn from the competition.
5. Content of your entry: Your entry may not: (i) contain any foul language, obscenities, defamation, hate speech or any otherwise inappropriate content in our sole discretion; nor (ii) contain any content which may be harmful to Takealot.com or its associated companies in any way; nor (iii) infringe the intellectual property or other rights of Takealot.com, its associated companies or any third party. We reserve the right to remove entries which we deem to be in contravention of this section 5.
6. How many times you can enter: You may enter this competition as many times as you wish during the Competition Period. Each Qualifying Entry (completed as described in section 4 above) will give you one entry into the draw. Please note that each additional entry to your first entry must be different.
7. Entry fees: There are no entry fees to participate in this competition, and no additional charges involved in acting as set out in section 4 above.
8. Prize: We will randomly select two winners every Friday during the Competition Period, and four final winners after the end of the Competition Period (i.e. ten winners in total), in accordance with section 9 below. Each winner will receive a corresponding Voucher Prize.
9. Winner: The first six winners will be chosen by way of random draw during the Competition Period, in pairs at or before 4pm on a different Friday during the Competition Period, and the four final winners will be chosen by way of random draw, at or before 5pm on 30 September 2020. Each winner will be announced by way of a post on each of Takealot’s official Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages on Wednesday, 30 September 2020. We will then send a direct message via the particular winner’s Takealot login email address to request his/her name, surname, email address, ID number, delivery address and telephone number (“Participant Information”). We will make two direct attempts to obtain such information. Once we have received this information and validated the particular winner, we will deliver the corresponding Voucher Prize to that winner as soon as possible, subject to section 10 below. Proof of identity will be required in order to validate the particular winner. We will select winners who have taken the steps set out in section 4 above and who are in compliance with these rules by way of random draw, at our sole discretion. Regarding the application of these rules and the selection of a winner and his/her prize in terms hereof, our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into with a competition participant other than the winners.
10. Disqualification of winner: There are certain situations in which a winner will be disqualified from receipt of his/her prize, namely: (i) he/she fails to provide Participant Information within 24 hours of it being requested by us for the second time; (ii) he/she is found to have contravened any other rule set out herein; or (iii) in anticipation of delivery of the corresponding Voucher Prize, he/she refuses to or cannot provide reasonably sufficient documentation to verify his/her identity. In the event of disqualification of a particular winner, we will be entitled in our sole discretion to select another winner from amongst the competition participants.
11. Use of participant and winner information: By participating in this competition, you consent to the use by Takealot.com or a third party nominated by Takealot.com of your Participant Information, so that your name and surname can be announced as a winner and the corresponding Voucher Prize can be delivered to you. The particular winner may also be asked to permit the use of his/her image in marketing material, to participate in marketing activities, to permit Takealot the use of the image uploaded in marketing material, and/or be present when the relevant draw is taking place or he/she is announced as a winner, but he/she will be entitled to decline to do so. By entering this competition, you consent that Takealot.com can use the contents of the competition submission / your winning Qualifying Entry for marketing purposes.
12. Unforeseen events: In the event of unforeseen circumstances or causes beyond our reasonable control, we reserve the right to cancel this competition (before entries are received), to change the number or nature of the prize at any time (on notice to you), or to change the rules at our discretion (provided that we will not change the conditions for participation or conditions for being awarded the particular prize, as stated herein).
13. Rules: By participating in this competition, you agree to all the competition rules set out above and the Takealot Terms and Conditions relating to Gift Vouchers (if applicable, and accessible at https://www.takealot.com/help/promotional-codes-tcs), without exception.