Join us on our journey as we continue to grow, and keep up to date on the latest happenings & developments in the world of takealot.com
THE TAKEALOT GROUP TO GIVE AWAY FABRIC FACE MASKS
23 April 2020 – As part of The Takealot Group’s commitment to promote social distancing and help curb the spread of Covid-19, Takealot and Superbalist have joined forces to locally produce and distribute over 500,000 fabric face masks.
The non-medical grade fabric face masks have been designed and produced using Superbalist resources and will be warehoused and distributed by the Takealot Delivery Team.
Once ready to distribute, one free adult mask* will be included in every Takealot and Superbalist box.
The use of ‘fabric’ face masks as an additional preventative measure against COVID-19 has been recommended for public use by the National Department of Health (NDoH) and the South African Minister of Health, Dr Zweli Mkhize. He recently stated that wearing a mask is important and has recommended the widespread use of cloth/fabric masks among the general public.
The locally produced Takealot Group masks are three-layer poly-cotton made with 3 pleats and elastic ties. They have been made in a colourful array of prints and designs for both adults and children.
Takealot’s NGO partner, Beautiful Gate, will also receive 2,200 masks for both adults and children. Beautiful Gate provides care and support to vulnerable children and families. They believe that the best place for each child is within a family, and that the best way to support families is to enable their community to provide support. These masks will be distributed to families in need in Western Cape.
A selection of the fabric face masks will also be made available to purchase on both platforms. They will retail at R99 for two adult or two children’s masks.
“In addition to the work we are already doing to distribute the R1 billion of PPE equipment donated by Naspers and Tencent, we want to extend our commitment and further help our community by using our resources. We recognise the important role that fabric masks can play in combating the spread of COVID-19 and we are grateful to be able to do our part. ” Kim Reid, Takealot Group.
The Takealot Group will continue to enforce preventative hygiene safety measures, guided by international best practice and the World Health Organisation (WHO) for all deliveries. These strict internal hygiene policies include widespread access to hand sanitiser, increased frequency of cleaning of all workspaces, temperature testing, flu vaccines and nurses available at warehouses, surgical masks for all drivers and the continuation of contactless deliveries.
As an essential service provider we believe that we can play an important part in the lives of South African’s during this time, by delivering goods to doors in a manner that is safe and secure. E-commerce is an effective way to increase social distancing while still providing consumers with what they need while obeying the lockdown from the safety of their homes. Government should be actively encouraging e-commerce at a time like this to deliver both essential and non-essential goods to all areas of South Africa.
Free fabric face mask offer terms & conditions
1. Takealot.com and Superbalist.com are launching a limited time only “Free fabric face mask” offer on authorised Takealot and Superbalist orders placed through their websites, mobile sites, or mobile applications. An order is authorised once Takealot and/or Superbalist has received payment for the order.
2. Subject to Takealot’s discretion, this offer will not be available for items that don’t allow for the secure inclusion of a “Free fabric face mask” in the Takealot.com box packaging. For example, we will not be able to include a mask for large and/ or bulk goods supplied in their own packaging.
3. The promotional period for the “Free fabric face mask” offer is from Wednesday, 29 April 2020, and will run until the available fabric face masks stock runs out or until terminated by Takealot. This promotion is offered in Takealot’s sole discretion and we are entitled at any time to cancel or change this offer and/or its terms for any reason and without notice to you. Our standard T&Cs apply as usual. See: https://www.takealot.com/help/terms-and-conditions.
4. The promotion is intended to benefit any customer who successfully places and pays for an order on the Takealot website, mobile site or mobile applications. The promotion is intended to benefit Takealot customers as part of The Takealot Group’s commitment to promote social distancing and help curb the spread of COVID-19. The use of ‘fabric’ face masks as an additional preventative measure against COVID-19 has been recommended for public use by the National Department of Health (NDoH) and the South African Minister of Health, Dr Zweli Mkhize.
5. Takealot does not guarantee or promise the health or safety of any person wearing the “Free fabric face mask” against contracting the COVID-19 or any other communicable disease.
6. The locally produced “Free fabric face mask” is three-layer poly-cotton made with 3 pleats and elastic ties. They are available in an array of prints and designs and Takealot will in their sole discretion determine which mask print and design are inserted into each qualifying order’s box(es). Customers are not able to choose or determine which “Free fabric face mask” print or design they receive and they aren’t able to return the free fabric face mask for an exchange.
7. The “Free fabric face mask” offer is automatically applied to orders during the checkout process on a first-come-first-served basis and cannot be transferred to another order.
8. For the avoidance of doubt, the “Free fabric face mask” is subject to limited stock availability and Takealot’s sole discretion. Takealot does not guarantee a Free fabric face mask to any customer.
9. Takealot will not be liable to honour the inclusion of a “Free fabric face mask” into any Takealot order box once this offer has come to an end.