Learn more aboutCompetitions
Being a part of our family means that you'll have access to a ton of fun & fabulous competitions throughout the year! Who doesn't love a freebie, right?
All Told online survey: Competition Rules
Complete the All Told online survey and stand a chance to win a prize from All Told.
1. Promoter: This competition is promoted by All Told (Pty) Ltd. (“the Promoters”, “us”, “we” or “our”). One of our marketing service providers for this competition is Takealot Online (RF) (Pty) Ltd (the “Marketer” or “Takealot”).
2. Competition Period: You have from 18 September 2018 to 30 November 2018 to complete the online survey (the “Competition Period”). Any entries not received prior to the closure of the survey/competition will not be eligible to participate, regardless of the reason for the late entry.
3. Who can enter: You are entitled to participate in this competition if (i) you are a natural person who is at least 16 years old, who resides in South Africa and (ii) it is lawful for you to be awarded the prize. Entrants under the age of 16 must obtain permission from their parents or guardians before entering. You may NOT participate if you are a supplier of goods or services in connection with this competition, or if you are a director, member, partner, employee, agent of, or consultant to the Promoters or the Marketer or any other entity which directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoters or the Marketer, or if you are any of the aforementioned persons’ spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister or business partner.
4. How to enter: You can enter this competition if, during the Competition Period, you complete the All Told online survey (available via the relevant Takealot newsletter). Please note that entry into the survey/competition will not necessarily result in winning a prize.
You may enter this competition once. Your entry into the competition constitutes binding acceptance of these terms and conditions. As a member of SAMRA (The Southern African Market Research Association), the Promoters are bound by a code of conduct which forbids their members from revealing the personal identity, details or responses of respondents who participate in their surveys.
The Promoters, the Marketer and their affiliates will not be liable for any injury or damage to any person’s computer, mobile telephone or other device used by that person to participate in the survey/competition.
The Promoters and the Marketer will not be responsible for any costs or expenses which you may incur during and for the purposes of your entry into the survey/competition and your acceptance and/or use of a prize.
5. Entry fees: There are no entry fees to participate in the competition, and no additional charges involved in acting as set out in section 4 above.
6. Prizes: By entering this competition and acting in accordance with these terms and conditions, you stand a chance to win one of the following prizes, (i) one voucher to the value of R100 000 to be redeemed at any Apple Store or Samsung store; (ii) one 3 night / 4-day cruise for two people to the Portuguese Islands of Mozambique, from Durban, valued at R15 000; (iii) one R10 000 voucher to spend on a prize of the winner’s choosing, (iv) five R2 000 vouchers from Makro, or (v) 10 x R1500 vouchers for perfume & cologne. The prizes are not transferable and may not be deferred or exchanged for cash or any other item. The Promoters, the Marketer and their affiliates will not be responsible for any harm, damage, loss or claim relating to the provision of any element of a prize or any changes to a prize that may be made at any time.
You must possess whatever documents and permissions that may be required in order to accept and use a prize, including, as regards international travel, a valid passport and all necessary visa and travel documentation, which documents and permissions it is your responsibility to obtain at your own cost, and which documents and permissions must remain valid in such minimum form and for such minimum period after the prize date as may be required by the relevant authorities.
7. Winners: The Promoters will select a winner who has taken the steps set out in section 4 above and who is in compliance with these rules, on 7 January 2019, in the Promoters’ sole discretion. Prize winners will be notified by means of the contact details provided to the Promoters.
You, and in the event of your death, your family, dependents, heirs, assignees or any other beneficiaries of your estate, indemnify and hold us, the Marketer and our affiliates harmless against any claim by you, or your partner (if applicable), (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, relating to any injury, loss, liability, expense and/or damage which you may suffer, howsoever arising, in relation to your entry into this survey/competition and/or acceptance and/or use by you of a prize.
You acknowledge that the acceptance and use of a prize is subject to the proviso that: all of the terms and conditions will apply to both you and your partner (if applicable), and you will ensure that your partner agrees to be bound and complies, and will continue to comply, therewith; you will take full responsibility for your partner; you indemnify and hold us, the Marketer and our affiliates harmless against any claim by your partner or any third party in the event that your partner suffers any loss or damage pursuant to your partner’s acceptance and/or use of a prize.
If you fail or, if your partner (if applicable) fails, to comply with any of the terms and conditions, then without prejudice to any other remedy which we may have, you will be automatically disqualified and you will forfeit the prize/s (in the event that you have already won a prize); you indemnify and hold us, the Marketer and our affiliates harmless against any claim by any person, (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, relating to any death, injury, loss and/or damage which may be suffered howsoever arising in relation to your failure (or that of your partner, if applicable) to comply therewith.
For purposes hereof, “affiliate” means our partners, co-promoters and sponsors of this survey/competition, our subsidiaries, our and their subsidiaries and respective holding companies, the subsidiaries of their holding companies, and our and their directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives.
These terms and conditions will be construed, interpreted and enforced in accordance with the laws of contract and dispute resolution in the Republic of South Africa.
The Promoters’ decision on any matter concerning the survey/competition and/or arising out of these terms and conditions is final and binding on you, and no correspondence will be entered into.