Learn more aboutCompetitions
Being a part of our family means that you'll have access to a ton of fun & fabulous competitions throughout the year! Who doesn't love a freebie, right?
Alot for Less Social Media Competition T’s & C’s
Stand a chance to win one of four R500 Takealot Gift Vouchers (i.e. valid for three years from the date of issue, and not transferable and may not be exchanged for cash), as described further below (“Voucher Prize(s)”).
- Promoter: This competition is promoted by Takealot Online (RF) (Pty) Ltd (reg. no. 2010/020248/07) (“Takealot.com”, “Takealot”, “us”, “we” or “our”).
- Competition Period: This competition runs from 00h00 on 26 September 2022 until 23h59 on 23 October 2022 (collectively “Competition Period”). No entries will be accepted after 23h59 on 23 October 2022.
- Who can enter: You are entitled to participate in this competition if: (i) you are a natural person who is at least 18 years old, and who resides in South Africa; and (ii) it is lawful for you to be awarded the particular prize. You may NOT participate if you are a supplier of goods or services in connection with this competition, or if you are a director, member, partner, employee, agent of, or consultant to Takealot.com or any other entity which directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by Takealot.com, or if you are any of the aforementioned persons’ spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister or business partner.
- How to enter: This competition is run collectively on the takealot.com website (including related Takealot mobi-sites and software applications) and Takealot’s Instagram social media account, and you will need to have a valid Takealot account PLUS a valid Instagram account AND be a follower of Takealot’s corresponding official Instagram page (“Qualifying Social Media Page”) to participate. One Voucher Prize will be allocated for each weekly period during the Competition Period (i.e. firstly 26 September to 2 October 2022, secondly 3 to 9 October 2022, thirdly 10 to 16 October 2022, and lastly 17 to 23 October 2022) (each a “Weekly Period”). To enter you must, during the particular Weekly Period:
- firstly, log in to your valid Takealot account AND complete in full a purchase of any item(s) in the ‘Alot for Less’ category from us (i.e. paid for in full before the end of that Weekly Period); and
- secondly, in the same Weekly Period, log in and visit the Qualifying Social Media Page, and then share an image of your completed purchase on the Qualifying Social Media Page PLUS tag that Qualifying Social Media Page in your post AND use the hashtag #alotforless.
Each successful qualifying entry following the above steps (collectively “Qualifying Entry(ies)”) received will be automatically entered into the corresponding draw for a chance to win the Voucher Prize allocated for the particular Weekly Period. Note that should you at any stage act in contravention of section 5 below, your entry will be withdrawn from the competition.
- Content of your entry: Your entry may not: (i) contain any foul language, obscenities, defamation, hate speech or any other content we deem inappropriate in our sole discretion; nor (ii) contain any content which may be harmful to Takealot.com or its associated companies in any way; nor (iii) infringe the intellectual property or other rights of Takealot.com, its associated companies or any third party. We reserve the right to remove entries which we deem to be in contravention of this section 5 howsoever and whatsoever, in our sole discretion.
- How many times you can enter: You may enter this competition as many times as you wish during the Competition Period. Each successful Qualifying Entry received (i.e. completed as described in section 4 above) in a particular Weekly Period will give the corresponding participant one entry into the corresponding draw for that Weekly Period. Please note that entries received in a particular Weekly Period do not roll over into the following Weekly Period, and each additional entry to your first entry must be different (i.e. including a different qualifying purchase from us each time).
- Entry fees: There are no entry fees to participate in this competition, and no additional charges involved in acting as set out in section 4 above.
- Prize: We will randomly select one winner after every Weekly Period (i.e. one winner per Weekly Period, and four winners in total across the Competition Period), in accordance with section 9 below. Each particular winner will receive a corresponding Voucher Prize.
- Winner: The first winner will be chosen from the successful Qualifying Entries received during the 26 September to 2 October 2022 Weekly Period, by way of random draw at or before 16h00 on 3 October 2022. The second winner will be chosen from the successful Qualifying Entries received during the 3 to 9 October 2022 Weekly Period, by way of random draw at or before 16h00 on 10 October 2022. The third winner will be chosen from the successful Qualifying Entries received during the 10 to 16 October 2022 Weekly Period, by way of random draw at or before 16h00 on 17 October 2022. The fourth and final winner will be chosen from the successful Qualifying Entries received during the 17 to 23 October 2022 Weekly Period, by way of random draw at or before 16h00 on 24 October 2022. Each such winner and his/her corresponding Voucher Prize will be announced by way of direct message to his/her applicable Instagram account on the same day as the relevant draw. We will then send a direct message to request his/her participant information (including name, surname, email address, order number for the qualifying purchase from us, ID number, delivery address and telephone number) (collectively “Participant Information”). We will make two direct attempts to obtain such information. Once we have received this information and validated the particular winner, we will deliver or otherwise arrange delivery of the corresponding prize to him/her as soon as possible, subject to section 10 below. Proof of identity and a completed competition release form will be required in order to validate the particular winner. We will select winners who have taken the steps set out in section 4 above and who are in compliance with these terms and conditions by way of random draw, at our sole discretion. Regarding the application of these terms and conditions and the selection of a winner and his/her prize in terms hereof, our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into with a competition participant other than the particular winner.
- Disqualification of winner: There are certain situations in which a winner will be disqualified from receipt of his/her prize, namely: (i) he/she fails to provide Participant Information within 72 hours of it being requested by us for the second time; (ii) he/she is found to have contravened any other term or condition set out herein; (iii) in anticipation of delivery of the corresponding prize, he/she refuses to or cannot provide reasonably sufficient documentation to verify his/her identity, or refuses to or cannot provide a completed competition release form; or (iv) he/she cancels or returns the applicable qualifying purchase from Takealot within seven days following the relevant draw, and such cancellation or return is not a ‘Not what you ordered?’, ‘Products damaged on delivery’ or ‘Defective products’ return. In the event of disqualification of a particular winner, we will be entitled in our sole discretion to select another winner from amongst the competition participants, or to not award that particular prize at all.
- Use of participant and winner information: By participating in this competition, you consent to the use by Takealot.com or a third party nominated by Takealot.com of your Participant Information, so that your name and surname can be announced as a winner and the corresponding prize can be delivered to you. The particular winner may also be asked to permit the use of his/her image in marketing material, to participate in marketing activities, to permit Takealot the use of the image uploaded in marketing material, and/or be present when the relevant draw is taking place or he/she is announced as a winner, but he/she will be entitled to decline to do so. By entering this competition, you consent that Takealot.com can use the contents of the competition submission / your winning Qualifying Entry for marketing purposes.
- Unforeseen events: In the event of unforeseen circumstances or causes beyond our reasonable control, we reserve the right to cancel this competition (before entries are received), to change the number or nature of the prize at any time (on notice to you), or to change the terms and conditions of this competition at our sole discretion (provided that, unless required due to such aforesaid unforeseen circumstances or causes beyond our reasonable control, we will not change the conditions for participation or conditions for being awarded the particular prize, as stated herein).