Learn more aboutCompetitions
Being a part of our family means that you'll have access to a ton of fun & fabulous competitions throughout the year! Who doesn't love a freebie, right?
Be 1 (one) of the first 50 (fifty) customers to order and successfully pay for a qualifying iPhone 11 and you will receive a Takealot voucher to the value of R 1000.00.
IMPORTANT: Please note that this promotion applies to iPhone 11, iPhone Pro and iPhone 11 Max (“iPhone 11”). The relevant iPhone 11 devices will be available for purchase on takealot.com, (i) on a first-come, first-serve basis, (ii) while promotional stocks last and (iii) are subject to the promotion-specific returns policy set out below.
1. Promoter: This promotion is conducted by Takealot Online (RF) Proprietary Limited (reg. no. 2010/020248/07 (“Takealot.com”, “us”, “we” or “our”).
2. Promotion Period: The promotion runs from midnight, 20 September 2019 until 50 (fifty) successfully paid for orders of the new iPhone 11 (iPhone 11, iPhone Pro and iPhone 11 Max) have been placed (the “Promotion Period”).
3. Who can qualify: You will qualify to participate in this promotion if, (i) you are a natural person who is at least 18 years old, who resides in South Africa; and (ii) it is lawful for you to be awarded the prize. You will NOT qualify if you are a supplier of goods or services in connection with this promotion, or if you are a director, member, partner, employee, agent of, or consultant to Takealot.com or any other entity which directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by Takealot.com, or if you are any of the aforementioned persons’ spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister or business partner.
4. How to qualify: Be 1 (one) of the first 50 (fifty) customers to successfully pre-order and pay for a new iPhone 11 on www.takealot.com (the “Website”) during the Promotion Period. Please note that returning the iPhone in terms of clause 8.1 (unwanted product returns) below will disqualify you from being eligible to participate in this promotion.
5. Entry fees: There are no additional entry fees to participate in promotion, and no additional charges involved in acting as set out in section 4 above.
6. The Voucher: The first 50 (fifty) customers to successfully order and pay for a new iPhone 11 on the Website will receive a Takealot.com voucher to the value of R 1000.00 (one thousand rand), provided that the iPhone is note returned in terms of clause 8.1 below. The voucher is not transferable and may not be exchanged for cash. Further, we are not responsible for any harm due to the loss, unauthorised use or unauthorised distribution of the voucher, after we have delivered it to you (either by way of loading it onto your Takealot.com profile or by email).
7. Successful participants: We will contact successful participants, who have taken the steps set out in clause 4, via email. The email will request the successful participant’s name, surname, email address and ID number (the “Participant Information”). We will make two direct attempts to obtain such information in a 48-hour period. Once we have received this information, we will deliver the voucher to the successful participant (after the 14 day returns period set out in clause 8.1.1 below) participants as soon as possible. Proof of identity may be required upon delivery. Regarding the application of these rules and the selection of participants in terms hereof, Takealot.com’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into with a person other than a successful participant.
8. Returns: This returns policy applies to the iPhone 11’s purchased during the Promotion Period. For the avoidance of doubt, Takealot’s standard returns policy does not apply to the iPhone 11’s subject to this promotion. If you return an iPhone 11 purchased in terms of this promotion you will only be refunded the amount paid by you for your iPhone 11.
8.1 Unwanted Products: You can return an iPhone 11 purchased during the Promotion Period to us at no charge provided that:
8.1.1 you log a return on the Website within 14 (fourteen) days of delivery to you or collection by you of the unwanted iPhone 11. After 14 (fourteen) days you can only return the iPhone 11 if it is defective;
8.1.2 it is undamaged and unused, with the original labels and stickers still attached;
8.1.3 it is in the original packaging, which must be undamaged and in its original condition with all seals still intact (if applicable); and
8.1.4 it is not missing any accessories or parts.
8.2 Not what you ordered: If we accidentally deliver the wrong product to you, or if the product is not as described on the Website, please notify us and we will collect the product from you at no charge. If the product is missing any accessories or parts, you will need to follow the process set out in section 8.3 below. Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will at your choice deliver the correct product to you as soon as possible (if the correct product is available); or credit your account with the purchase price of the product within 10 days of the return (or refund you if that is your preference).
8.3 Products damaged on delivery: Should a product be damaged or missing any parts or accessories at the time of delivery, please notify us within 7 days of such delivery / collection by logging a return on the Website. We will arrange to collect the product from you at no charge. Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will at your choice repair / replace the product as soon as possible (if such repair is possible/ we have the same product in stock to use as a replacement) or credit your account with the purchase price of the product (or refund you if that is your preference).
8.4 Defective products: We do our best to ensure that the products we deliver to you are of a high quality, and in good working order and without defects.
8.5 What is a defect? A defect is a material imperfection in the manufacture of a product or any characteristic of a product, which makes the product less acceptable than one would reasonably be entitled to expect in the circumstances. Please refer to our FAQs for some examples. The following will NOT be regarded as defects and will not entitle you to a return under clause 8.4:
8.5.1 faults resulting from normal wear and tear;
8.5.2 damage arising from negligence, user abuse or incorrect usage of the product; damage arising from electrical surges or sea air corrosion;
8.5.3 damage arising from a failure to adequately care for the product;
8.5.4 damage arising from unauthorized alterations to the product;
8.5.5 where the specifications of a product, although accurately described on the Website and generally fit for its intended purpose, do not suit you; and
8.5.6 in relation to Unboxed Deals or used products, signs of handling and/or repackaging.
8.6 Preparing your product for return: To ensure your request is processed as quickly as possible you are responsible for the following when returning your products:
8.6.1 package your products safely and securely for protection during transit;
8.6.2 clearly mark your return reference number on the outside of the parcel; and
8.6.3 include all accessories and parts that were sold with the product.
8.7 Failure to adhere to any of these requirements could delay the processing of your request or result in its decline altogether.
8.8 Save for the Takealot’s standard Returns Policy (which is replaced by the promotional returns policy set out above), the remaining provisions of Takealot’s standard Website Terms and Conditions, the iPhone 11’s Standard Product Warranty and the Extended Supplier Warranty (as detailed on the Website) in respect thereof shall apply to all iPhone 11s purchased in terms of this promotion.
9. Disqualification: There are certain situations in which a participant will be disqualified from receipt of his/her voucher or participation in the promotion namely: (i) he/she fails to provide the correct Participant Information within 48 hours of it being requested by Takealot.com for the second time; (ii) he/she is found to have contravened any other rule set out herein; or (iii) upon delivery of the voucher, he/she refuses to or cannot provide reasonably sufficient documentation to verify his/her identity. In the event of disqualification of a successful participant, Takealot.com shall be entitled in its sole discretion to award the voucher to another participant.
10. Use of participant and winner information: Successful participants may be asked to permit the use of his/her image in marketing material, and/or to participate in marketing activities, but he/she will be entitled to decline to do so.
11. Unforeseen events: In the event of unforeseen circumstances or causes beyond our reasonable control, we reserve the right to cancel this promotion (before entries are received), to change the number or nature of the promotional prize at any time (on 20 business days’ notice to you), or to change the rules at our discretion (provided that we will not change the conditions for participation or conditions for being awarded the prize, as stated herein).
12. Rules: By participating in this promotion, you agree to all the rules set out above, without exception. A copy of these promotion rules is made available at www.takealot.com/competitions. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter or Facebook or its partners or application developers.