Learn more aboutCompetitions
Being a part of our family means that you'll have access to a ton of fun & fabulous competitions throughout the year! Who doesn't love a freebie, right?
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PROMOTIONAL COMPETITION IS CONDUCTED BY EDWARD SNELL AND COMPANY (PTY) LTD. TAKEALOT ONLINE (RF) (PTY) LTD (“Takealot”) IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR RUNNING THIS PROMOTIONAL COMPETITION, CHOOSING A WINNER(S) OR PROVIDING ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANTS WITH THE PRIZE(S)/REWARD(S) DETAILED BELOW.
Celebrate Dad: Competition Rules
Stand a chance to win one R10,000 Takealot Gift Voucher towards a home entertainment system of your choice!
1. Promoter: This competition is promoted by Edward Snell & Co. (Pty) Ltd (reg. no. 1923/001266/07) (“Promoter”, “us”, “we” or “our”).
2. Competition Period: The competition runs from 00h01 on 6 June 2022 to 23h59 on 19 June 2022 (the “Competition Period”). No entries will be accepted after 23h59 on 19 June 2022.
3. Who can enter: You are entitled to participate in this competition if: (i) you are a natural person who is at least 18 years old and who resides in South Africa; and (ii) it is lawful for you to be awarded the prize. You may NOT participate if you are a supplier of goods or services in connection with this competition, or if you are a director, member, partner, employee, agent of, or consultant to the Promoter or Takealot, or any other entity which directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter or Takealot, or if you are any of the aforementioned persons’ spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister or business partner.
4. How to enter: The Celebrate Dad competition (“Competition”) is run on Takealot’s website, mobile site, Android Mobile Application and iOS Mobile Application. To enter you must have a valid Takealot shopping account, and purchase a Qualifying Product via a Takealot platform during the Competition Period (“Qualifying Entry”). Note that should you at any stage act in contravention of these competition rules, your entry will be withdrawn from the competition.
5. Qualifying Products: The following products all qualify for automatic entry into the Competition if purchased during the Competition Period.
a. Glenfiddich 12 year old special reserve single malt whisky 750ml
b. Grant’s Triple Wood 12 year old 750ml whisky
c. Bushmills Original Irish Whiskey 750ml
6. How many times you can enter: You may enter this competition as many times as you wish during the Competition Period. Each Qualifying Entry (as described in section 4 above) will give you one entry into the randomized prize draw.
7. Entry fees: There are no entry fees to participate in the competition, and no additional charges involved, in addition to the purchase requirement set out in section 4 above.
8. Prize: In total there is one (1) R10,000 (ten thousand rand), digital Takealot.com gift voucher up for grabs. For the avoidance of doubt, there will only be one winner awarded at the end of the Competition Period, in accordance with section 9 below.
a. The Promoter will select the winner from the successful Qualifying Entries received, by way of random draw of anonymised order numbers on 29th June 2022.
b. Once the winner has been selected the Promoter will confirm the winner’s anonymised order number with Takealot.
c. Takealot will then contact the winner by way of direct message to his/her Takealot login email address on 6th July 2022, to request his/her name, surname, email address, ID number, delivery address and telephone number (“Winner Information”), as well as his/her consent to share the Winner Information with the Promoter to enable the Promoter to contact the winner and deliver the prize to him/her accordingly (“Winner Consent”). Takealot will make two direct attempts, within a 48-hour period, to obtain the Winner Information and Winner Consent.
d. Following Takealot’s receipt of the Winner Information and Winner Consent, Takealot will share the same with the Promoter accordingly.
e. Following the Promoter’s receipt of the of the Winner Information and Winner Consent, the Promoter will email the digital prize voucher to the particular winner as soon as possible, subject to section 10 below.
f. The Promoter may require additional Proof of Identity from the winner before completing prize delivery if they deem necessary.
g. The Promoter will select and award a winner who has taken the steps set out in section 4 above and who is in compliance with these rules by way of random draw, at their sole discretion.
h. Regarding the application of these rules and the selection of a winner in terms hereof, the Promoter’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into with a competition participant other than the winner.
10. Disqualification of winner: There are certain situations in which a winner will be disqualified from receipt of their prize, namely: (i) they fail to provide their Winner Information and Winner Consent to Takealot within the aforesaid 48-hour period; (ii) they are found to have contravened any other rule set out herein; or (iii) upon delivery of the prize, they refuse to or cannot provide reasonably sufficient documentation to verify their identity. In the event of disqualification of a winner, the Promoter will be entitled in their sole discretion to select another winner from amongst the anonymised order numbers received, or to not allocate a prize at all.
11. Use of participant and winner information: By participating in this competition, you consent to the use and sharing of your anonymised order numbers by Takealot with the Promoter, for purposes of conducting a random prize draw. Winners may be asked to permit the use of their image in marketing material, to participate in marketing activities, or to permit the Promoter the use of the image uploaded in marketing material, but they will be entitled to decline to do so.
12. Unforeseen events: In the event of unforeseen circumstances or causes beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, they reserve the right to cancel this competition (before entries are received), to change the number or nature of the prize at any time (without notice to you), or to change the rules at their discretion (provided that they will not change the conditions for participation or conditions for being awarded a prize, as stated herein).
Rules: By participating in this competition, you agree to all the competition rules set out above, without exception.