Learn more aboutCompetitions
Being a part of our family means that you'll have access to a ton of fun & fabulous competitions throughout the year! Who doesn't love a freebie, right?
Life is better with Philips and Takealot Competition: Terms & Conditions
Please note that this Promotion is conducted by Philips South Africa Commercial (Pty) Ltd. Takealot Online (RF) (Pty) Ltd is not responsible for running the Promotion or providing eligible participants with the prizes detailed below.
- By entering the “Life is better with Philips and Takealot” competition, all participants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- In order to be eligible to enter the competition, a participant must:
- be at least 18 (eighteen) years or older, a South African citizen and residing in the Republic of South Africa;
- have purchased any Philips Male Grooming, Beauty, Garment Care, Oral Health Care or Kitchen Appliance from Takealot.com, during the competition period set out below;
- Philips will draw the 6 winners and verify the purchase of Philips products; and
- The prizes will be supplied by Philips who will be responsible for delivery to the Takealot.com winners.
- All participants who meet the eligibility requirements set out above will be automatically entered into the competition. There is no limit to the number of times a participant may enter the competition. By entering the competition, participants acknowledge that Takealot.com will share the order numbers related to the qualifying Philips products purchased on Takealot.com with Philips to enable Philips to draw the winners.
- The following persons and/or entities are not eligible to participate in the competition:
- directors, members, partners, employees, agents of or consultants to Philips South Africa Commercial (Pty) Limited (“Philips”), its subsidiaries, divisions and/or associated companies or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by Philips, and their spouses, life partners, immediate family members and business partners; and
- directors, members, partners, employees, agents of or consultants to the advertising and promotion agencies of Philips and their spouses, life partners, immediate family members and business partners.
- The competition shall commence on the 14th of January 2019 and close on the 28th of February 2019.
- Six (6) winners will be drawn by Philips by way of random selection from all eligible entries (Takealot.com orders) by 30 March 2019. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence in this regard will be entered into.
- The prizes for the competition are as follows:
- The prizes consist of (6) six Xbox One X 1TB Console, valued at R6 000 (six thousand rand) each.
- The prizes are not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash or for any other item. If, for any reason, Philips cannot provide any of the prizes, Philips will award an alternative prize of a similar value.
- Each of the winners will be required to provide Philips with proof of identification in the form of a copy of his/her identity document, passport or South African driver’s licence.
- Notification and delivery of prizes:
- The winner will be informed telephonically and/or by e-mail within five (5) working days after his/her name has been drawn, that he/she has won the prize.
- Philips reserves the right to disqualify a winner if he/she does not respond to the telephone call and/or e-mail within three (3) working days of being contacted or the notification being despatched, indicating that he/she accepts the prize. In such event, Philips will be entitled to select another winner within one (1) working day thereafter.
- If a winner cannot accept a prize for any reason, that winner will forfeit his/her prize and another winner will be selected.
- Prizes will be delivered by Philips within thirty (30) working days of the winner being notified.
- The names of the winners will be published on the official Philips website (www.philips.co.za).
- Unless the winner specifically states otherwise, each winner agrees to participate in all promotional activity and hereby consents to Philips using his/her name, images and/or voice in any promotional material for the purpose of promoting the competition. No compensation will be payable for such use. The winner will have the right to withdraw his/her consent for the use of his/her name, images and/or voice prior to the use thereof by Philips in any promotional activity.
- A copy of these terms and conditions will be available on the official Philips website (www.philips.co.za) and the Takealot.com website from 14th of January 2019 until 28th of February 2019.
- By participating in the competition, you agree, subject to applicable law, that neither Philips nor any of their respective advertising agencies will be liable for any losses, damages, costs or claims in connection with the competition or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any prize.
- Philips reserves the right to terminate, suspend or amend the competition for reasons beyond its control. Philips and its services providers, including any telephone network providers, are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, technical malfunction, lost or delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, line failure or malfunction of any telephone network, computer equipment or software, the inability to access any website or online services or for any other reason beyond its control.
- This Competition is governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
- The courts of the Republic of South Africa shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with the Competition or its subject matter. The participants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of South Africa.
- Philips will try to provide the participants with content as accurate as possible, however Philips:
- does not represent or warrant the accuracy of any statement or product claims made on the official Philips website or any official Philips social media pages;
- is not responsible for any content generated by the users of the official Philips website or social media pages; and
- does not endorse any opinions expressed by the users of the official Philips website and social media pages. All content on the official Philips website and social media pages is provided “as is” and Philips does not accept any responsibility for any loss, injury or inconvenience resulting from the content or content generated by users of the website or the social media official Philips page.
- Philips shall not be liable for any damages resulting from the use (or inability to make use) of the official Philips website or social media pages, including damages caused by viruses or any incorrectness or incompleteness of information.
- Philips shall not be liable for damages resulting from any lack of suitability, timeliness or accuracy of any content on the official Philips website or social media pages.
- Philips shall further not be liable for damages resulting from the use of electronic means of communication, including, but not limited to, damages resulting from the failure or delay in delivery of electronic communications, interception or manipulation of electronic communications by third parties or by computer programs used for electronic communications and transmission of viruses.
- Except to the fullest extent permitted by relevant laws, Philips shall not be liable for:
- loss of business, profits, revenue, anticipated savings, (even where the same arise directly from a breach of these conditions);
- special, direct, indirect or consequential losses, even if foreseeable by or in the contemplation of Philips; or
- any claim made against participants by any other person; and
- Except as expressly stated herein all conditions and warranties, implied statutory or otherwise, are hereby excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- Hyperlinks on the official Philips social media pages may direct users to external websites which are maintained by third parties. Philips shall not be liable for the contents and the functioning of such external websites. Philips shall also not be liable for the quality of products or services which may be offered on such external websites.
- Unless indicated otherwise, all intellectual property rights to the official Philips website, mobisite and social media pages, and the information posted on the official Philips website and social medial pages (“Information”) is owned by Philips. Philips’ rights include but are not limited to, all patents, copyrights, rights to the trade names, word trademarks, pictorial trademarks and logos of Philips.
Contact us: For any remarks or queries in relation to the Competition, please send an email to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org