Learn more aboutCompetitions
Being a part of our family means that you'll have access to a ton of fun & fabulous competitions throughout the year! Who doesn't love a freebie, right?
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PROMOTIONAL COMPETITION IS CONDUCTED BY PERNOD RICARD SOUTH AFRICA (PTY) LTD. TAKEALOT ONLINE (RF) (PTY) LTD (“Takealot”) IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR RUNNING THIS PROMOTIONAL COMPETITION, CHOOSING A WINNER(S) OR PROVIDING ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANTS WITH THE PRIZE(S)/REWARD(S) DETAILED BELOW.
Pernod Ricard South Africa & Takelalot
‘Sisonke Mzansi Promotion Promotion’
Terms & Conditions
The terms and conditions set out below (“Terms and Conditions”) apply to the Pernod Ricard South Africa ‘Sisonke Mzansi PromotionPromotion’ (“Promotion”) being run and administered by Pernod Ricard South Africa (“Promoter” or “us” or “we”). Pernod Ricard South AfricaWe are responsible for all elements of the competitionPromotion, including the selection of winners and fulfilment of prizes. These Terms and Conditions will prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications sent to you by us, including advertising or promotional materials. Prize redemption instructions are deemed to form part of the Terms and Conditions and by entering this Promotion all participants will be deemed to have accepted, and shall be bound by, the Terms and Conditions. This version of the Terms and Conditions applies to Participants (defined below)participants in the Republic of South Africa.
1. IMPORTANT PROVISIONS
We have a duty, in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, No 68 of 2008 (“CPA”) to point out certain important provisions in these Terms and Conditions to you. The clauses which contain these important provisions and the reasons why they are important are set out below. It is very important that you read all of these clauses carefully and not just what we say below.
1.1 Limitation of risk, legal responsibilities and liability. Clauses 14, 15, 18, 20 ,21 and 22Clauses 13, 14, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 and 21 herein below are important because they limit and exclude obligations, liabilities and legal responsibilities that we and other persons or entities may otherwise have to you. As a result of these clauses, your rights and remedies against us and these other persons and entities are limited or excluded. These clauses also limit or exclude your right to recover from, or make claims against, Pernod Ricard South Africathe Promoter for losses, damages, liability or harm you or others may suffer as a result of your participation in the Promotion. Clause 18Clause 19 herein below is particularly important because you take on risk, legal responsibilities and liability. In terms of this clause, you may be responsible for taxes, fees, claims and other amounts. You will also be responsible for, and you accept, various risks, damages, harm, and injury which may be suffered by you and others for what is stated in this clause.
1.2 Indemnities by you. Clauses 15,19 and 21Clauses 14, 18 and 20 herein below requires you to indemnify (hold harmless) us and other persons or entities against claims, loss, damages, and harm that may be suffered by us and other persons or entities as a result of the events set out in clause 2019 herein below. You are also required to indemnify us and other persons and entities against claims for loss, damages, and harm that may be made by any person or entity as a result of the events set out in clauses 15, 20 and 21 herein below.14, 19 and 20 herein below. This places various risks, liabilities, obligations and legal responsibilities on you, and you will be responsible and liable for the payment of the value of the claims, loss, damages, and harm that may be suffered or claimed.
2. The Promoter is Pernod Ricard South Africa (PTYPty) Ltd [(Registration Number: 1994/004226/07), with its registered office at Building 6, Country Club Estate, 21 Woodlands Dr, Woodmead, Johannesburg, 2191].
3. The Promotion is valid only in South Africa and is open to every South African citizen that is aged 18 or over .
4. The Promotion is not open to any agencies, sales agents/ merchandisers, packaging suppliers and their immediate family members (spouses, life partners, parents, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren) or their business partners, or any person who is (i) a director, member, partner, or agent of, or consultant to the Promoter or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by, the Promoter; or (ii) a supplier of goods or services in connection with the Promoter.
5. The promotionPromotion is not open to employees and their immediate families of Pernod Ricard South Africathe Promoter or TakelotTakealot.
6. Participation in the promotionPromotion constitutes your acceptance of these termsTerms and conditionsConditions. All information relating to this promotionPromotion and published on any promotional material will form part of the terms and conditions of entry.
7. The promotionPromotion will run from 00h00 on 7 December 2020 00h00 and enduntil 23h59 on 20 December 2020 23h59. No entries received before 20 November 2020 00h00 andon 7 December 2020 will be accepted, and no entries received after 23h59 on 20 December 2020 23h59 will be accepted.
8. This competitionThe Promotion is run on the takealot.com website, as well as related Takealot mobi-sites and software applications, and you will need to have a valid Takealot account to participate. To enter you must:
LogTo enter you must, during the period of the Promotion, log in to your Takealot account
8.1 Complete AND complete in full, at least one purchase of any participating Pernod Ricard product from Takealot (collectively a “Qualifying Entry”).
Each completed purchase conforming to the requirements laid out in 8.2 gives you an entry into the draw
8.2 Participating Pernod Ricard products are: Chivas Regal, Beefeater Gin, Absolut Vodka, Inverroche Gin, Jameson, Ballantine’s, Malibu, Olmeca Tequila, AND The Glenlivet.
9. YouEach Qualifying Entry will be entered into the draw, and YOU WILL STAND A CHANCE OF WINNING ONE OF THE FOLLOWING PRIZES;:
9.1 1 of 3 Sun International getaways at a venue of your choice. Breakfast included, valued at R 4,500 each.
9.2 1 Jameson Connect party experience at your local valued at R 10,000.
9.3 1 Chivas XV Style hamper valued at R 3,000 .
9.4 1 The Glenlivet Jazz hamper valued at R 2,000.
9.5 1 Ballantine’s True Music party box valued at R 1,300.
9.6 1 of 4 Beefeater hampers valued at R400 each.
9.7 1 of 2 exclusive Olmeca shot kits valued at R 500 each .
9.8 1 of 2 exclusive Malibu Limited edition hampers valued at R 500 each .
9.9 1 of 2 Absolut Vodka Limited edition hampers valued at R 3,000 each.
10. Prizes will be Each of the winners will be selected and their corresponding prizes awarded, by means of a random draw, held on or before 31 December 2020, and winnerseach winner will be notified telephonically as soon as possible, on the cell phone number linked to their Takealot account.
10.1 Draw winners will be contacted twice in a 48-hour period and should the winner fail to answer these calls, theythe particular will forfeit their prize and a standby winner will be elected in their place
10.2 WinnersEach winner will be required to complete a disclaimer form in order to secure their prize.
10.3 The same process as detailed in 11.1clauses 10.1 and 11.2 above10.2 above will be followed for all standby winners.
10.4 Draw prizes will be fulfilled as soon as possible during 2021.
11. You may enter the promotionPromotion as many times as you like, but you will need to make a new purchase of any participating product, following the steps listed in clause 8,8 above, for each new entryQualifying Entry.
12. By entering this competition ParticipantsPromotion, each of the participants are given the opportunity to Opt In to allow Pernod Ricard South Africathe Promoter, and their respective brands to collect, store and use (not share) their personal information for communication, statistical purposes and marketing communication.
13. No responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter, its associated companies (directors, officers and employees)), agents and suppliers, for any prizes which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be redeemed for any technical reason, delivery or other reasons.
14. As far as the law allows, all Participantsparticipants indemnify the Promoter, its associated companies (directors, officers and employees)), agents and suppliers, against any / all claims for any loss or damages, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, arising from any cause whatsoever connected to or arising from their participation in any way in this Promotion and/or any receipt of and/or use of a prize.
15. Participants may be required to take part in publicity campaigns for broadcast or publishing purposes such as (but not limited to) appearing on Facebook or Twitter. The ParticipantsSuch participants shall always be entitled to decline the above request. The Participantsparticipants who take part in any publicity will not be entitled to any payment or other remuneration for such publicity or otherwise. All publicity and other materials will be the sole property of Thethe Promoter.
16. By taking part in this Promotion, Participantseach participant hereby warrantwarrants that all information submitted to the Promoter is true, current and complete.
17. The Promoter may decline to award a prize if there is a reasonable suspicion of any irregularities or fraudulent activities.
18. As far as the law allows, all warranties and representations in relation to the Promotion not set out in these Terms and Conditions (whether express, implied or tacit) are hereby excluded.
19. As far as the law allows, the Promoter shall only be responsible for those costs which these Terms and Conditions expressly say that the Promoter will pay. The ParticipantEach participant is responsible for (i) any and all applicable local and international taxes and fees; and (ii) all other costs incurred by it, or arising directly or indirectly from, the Participant’sparticipant’s participation in the Promotion, or from the acceptance, receipt, use or enjoyment of any prize. Without limiting the rest of this clause 20,19, the participant will be responsible for the cost of submitting proof of purchase and any data charges that apply.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate the Promotion immediately and without notice if circumstances beyond its reasonable control prevent the Promoter, its associated companies (directors, officers and employees)), agents and suppliers, from continuing to conduct the Promotion. In the event of such termination, as far as the law allows, all Participantsparticipants acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter, its associated companies (directors, officers and employees)), agents and suppliers, in respect thereof.
21. As far as the law allows the Promoter, its associated companies (directors, officers and employees)), agents and suppliers, shall not be responsible for a Participant’sparticipant’s failure to access the Promotion for any reason whatsoever including, by way of example only, as a consequence of communications or network failures.
22. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of South Africa.
If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, then that provision shall be severed from these Terms and Conditions and shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any remaining provisions.