Learn more aboutCompetitions
Being a part of our family means that you'll have access to a ton of fun & fabulous competitions throughout the year! Who doesn't love a freebie, right?
1. This Competition is offered to you by Philips South Africa Commercial (Pty) Ltd (the “Promoter”)
2. This competition will open from 13th July and will close on midnight on 7th August 2020 (‘Competition Period’). Any entries received after this will not be valid and will not be considered.
3. To enter, participants need to register on the OneBlade microsite, accessible at [website], to vote and enter into the competition. During the Competition Period, Roger Goode will call one participant daily and ask them a OneBlade product related question. The participant who answers correctly will win a daily cash prize to the value of R5 000 (Five Thousand Rands). Participants who answer incorrectly will not be eligible for any prize. On Friday the 7th of August 2020 the 4 winners from the week will go into a draw to win the grand prize of R30 000 (Thirty Thousand Rands).
4. The 4 winners for the week will be put into the draw to be called LIVE on air by Roger Goode on the last day of the competition (Friday 7 August 2020). Roger Goode will randomly choose the final grand prize winner to win the R30 000 (Thirty Thousand Rand).
5. Every qualified entrant will stand a chance to win a share of R50 000 (Fifty Thousand Rands).
6. Every qualified entrant will be put into the draw via the microsite to be called LIVE on air by Roger Goode on the last week of the competition (Monday 3 August 2020 to Thursday 6 August 2020), to answer a product-related question and if correct, win R2 500 (Two Thousand Rands). If you have answered correctly and own a OneBlade your prize will be doubled to R5 000 (Five Thousand Rands).
7. By entering the Competition, the entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
8. This competition is open to entrants who:
8.1.1. are South Africa residents;
8.1.2. are in possession of a valid ID document; and
8.1.3. 18 (eighteen) years and older.
9. Entrants who do not satisfy the above criteria will be considered to be automatically disqualified.
10. Entry is not open to any director, member, partner, employee, agent of, consultant to or anyone affiliated to Promoter via any direct/indirect affiliation, and such prohibition extends to any spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister, business partner of associate of such persons listed herein.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify or reject any entry believed to be in conflict with the Competition or not made in good faith or on other reasonable grounds.
12. By entering this Competition, you agree to be contacted by the Promoter for future communications.
13. Any technical failures that lead to any promotional competition entry being invalid or not received will not be the Promoter’s liability, and the Promoter cannot be held responsible for technical errors.
14. There will be 4 (four) daily cash prize winners each week and 1 (one) grand prize winner at the end of the Competition.
15. The winner will be selected at random by way of an audited draw conducted by the Promoter or person appointed by the Promoter. The random draw will take place. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. The Promoter will notify the winner via a telephone call on the same working day. If, however, they do not respond to the call, the prize will be forfeited and another winner will be selected in accordance with the competition rules.
17. Prizes are not transferrable to any other person or exchangeable for cash or any other prize. Furthermore, the entrants may not transfer or otherwise deal with any of their rights or obligations acquired under or in connection with these terms and conditions.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the terms of this Competition at any time by publishing notice of the relevant details.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to request that images be taken of the winner to be used for publicity purposes in any manner they deem fit, without any further remuneration being made payable to the winner, which request the winner may decline.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to name the winner publicly on Facebook and any other place where the Promoter deems fit. By entering the competition, the prize winner agrees to the publication of their name by the Promoter.
21. The Promoter shall have the right to terminate the competition immediately and without notice for any reason beyond its control requiring such termination. In the event of such termination, all participants agree to waive any rights they may have in terms of this promotion and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter, its agents and staff.
23. Promoter will try to provide the entrants with content as accurate as possible, however Promoter:
23.1. does not represent or warrant the accuracy of any statement or product claims made on the website or any social media official Philips pages;
23.2. is not responsible for any content generated by the users of the website or social media official Philips pages; and
23.3. does not endorse any opinions expressed by the users of the website and social media official Philips pages. All content on the website and social media official Philips is provided “as is” and Philips does not accept any responsibility for any loss, injury or inconvenience resulting from the content or content generated by users of the website or the social media official Philips page.
24. Promoter shall not be liable for any damages resulting from the use (or inability to make use) of the website or social media official Philips page, including damages caused by viruses or any incorrectness or incompleteness of information.
25. Promoter shall not be liable for any damages resulting from the use (or inability to make use) of the website or social media official Philips page, including damages caused by viruses or any incorrectness or incompleteness of information.
26. Promoter shall further not be liable for damages resulting from the use of electronic means of communication, including, but not limited to, damages resulting from the failure or delay in delivery of electronic communications, interception or manipulation of electronic communications by third parties or by computer programs used for electronic communications and transmission of viruses.
27. Hyperlinks on the social medial official Philips page may direct users to external websites which are maintained by third parties. Promoter shall not be liable for the contents and the functioning of such external websites. Promoter shall also not be liable for the quality of products or services which may be offered on such external websites.
28. Unless indicated otherwise, all intellectual property rights to the website and social medial official Philips, and the information posted on the website and social medial official Philips (“Information”) is owned by Promoter. Promoter’s rights include but are not limited to all copyrights, rights to the trade names, word trademarks, pictorial trademarks and logos of Promoter.
29. By entering this competition, the participant grants to the Promoter a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive licence to edit, publish, translate, modify, adapt, make available and distribute the entry throughout the world in any media now known or hereafter invented.
30. Except to the fullest extent permitted by relevant laws, the Promoter shall not be liable for:
a) loss of business, profits, revenue, anticipated savings, (even where the same arise directly from a breach of these conditions);
b) special, indirect or consequential losses, even if foreseeable by or in the contemplation of Philips; or
c) any claim made against entrants by any other person.
d) Except as expressly stated herein all conditions and warranties, implied statutory or otherwise, are hereby excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
31. This Competition is governed by the laws of the South Africa.
32. The courts of South Africa shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with the Competition or its subject matter and the Parties submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of South Africa.
1. For any remarks in relation to the competition, please send an email to: email@example.com.
2. For more information on Philips please see our website www.philips.co.za