Learn more aboutCompetitions
Being a part of our family means that you'll have access to a ton of fun & fabulous competitions throughout the year! Who doesn't love a freebie, right?
We’re giving away the teddy bear from our recent television advertisement!
1. Promoter: This competition is promoted by Takealot Online (RF) (Pty) Ltd (reg. no. 2010/020248/07) (“Takealot.com”, “Takealot” “us”, “we” or “our”).
2. Competition Period: The competition runs from 10am on 28 November 2018 to 3pm on 30 November 2018 (the “Competition Period”). No entries will be accepted after 3pm on 30 November 2018.
3. Who can enter: You are entitled to participate in this competition if (i) you are a natural person who is at least 18 years old and who resides in South Africa; (ii) it is lawful for you to be awarded the prize. You may NOT participate if you are a supplier of goods or services in connection with this competition, or if you are a director, member, partner, employee, agent of, or consultant to Takealot.com or any other entity which directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by Takealot.com, or if you are any of the aforementioned persons’ spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister or business partner.
4. How to enter: To enter this competition you need a valid and active Facebook/ Twitter/ Instagram account. Visit Takealot’s official Facebook/ Twitter/ Instagram page during the Competition Period and follow the instructions detailed in the competition post to enter: Simply comment on the competition post’s comment section by tagging the person who you would like to delivery joy to this festive season and add the hashtag #TakealotDeliveringJoy. Note that should you at any stage act in contravention of section 5 below, your entry will be withdrawn from the competition.
5. Content of your entry: Your entry may not contain any foul language, obscenities, defamation, hate speech or any otherwise inappropriate content in our sole discretion. Your entry may not contain any content which may be harmful to Takealot.com or its associated companies in any way. It may not infringe the intellectual property or other rights of Takealot.com, its associated companies or any third party. We reserve the right to remove entries which we deem to be in contravention of this section 5.
6. How many times you can enter: You may enter this competition as many times as you wish. Each unique entry received as per section 4 above will count as one entry into the random prize draw. All valid entries received as per section 4 above from Facebook/ Twitter/ Instagram will be pooled together from which the winner will be drawn at random
7. Entry fees: There are no entry fees to participate in the competition, and no additional charges involved in acting as set out in section 4 above.
8. Prize: From the winning entry, the nominee (tagged person) will win the Teddy Bear from our recent takealot.com television advertisement and the nominator (person who posted the winning entry) will receive a R1000 takealot.com gift voucher.
9. Winner: The winning entry will be drawn at random from all valid entries received from Facebook/ Twitter/ Instagram as per section 4 above. The winner will be announced in reply to their winning entry by Monday, 3 December 2018. We will request the winner to send us their contact information via private message on the relevant social media platform for purposes of making contact with them to collect their competition release form, personal information for purposes of delivering their prize, as well as the details of the nominee in their winning post for purposes of delivering the teddy bear to them. We will make two direct attempts to obtain such information. Once we have received this information, we will deliver the prize to the winners as soon as possible, subject to section 10 below. Proof of identity will be required upon delivery. We will select a winner who has taken the steps set out in section 4 above and who is in compliance with these rules at our sole discretion. Regarding the application of these rules and the selection of a winner in terms hereof, our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into with a competition participant other than the winner.
10. Disqualification of winner: There are certain situations in which a winner will be disqualified from receipt of his/her prize, namely: (i) he/she fails to provide Participant Information within 24 hours of it being requested by us for the second time; (ii) he/she is found to have contravened any other rule set out herein; and (iii) upon delivery of the prize, he/she refuses to or cannot provide reasonably sufficient documentation to verify his/her identity. In the event of disqualification of a winner, we will be entitled in our sole discretion to select another winner from amongst the competition participants.
11. Use of participant and winner information: By participating in this competition, you consent to the use by Takealot.com or a third party nominated by Takealot.com of your Participant Information, so that your name and surname can be announced as a winner and your prize can be delivered to you. The winner may also be asked to permit the use of his/her image in marketing material, to participate in marketing activities, to permit Takealot the use of the image uploaded in marketing material , and/or be present when the draw is taking place or the winners are announced, but he/she will be entitled to decline to do so. By entering the competition, you consent that Takealot.com can use the contents of the competition submission, such as an Instagram post for marketing purposes.
12. Unforeseen events: In the event of unforeseen circumstances or causes beyond our reasonable control, we reserve the right to cancel this competition (before entries are received), to change the number or nature of the prize at any time (on 20 business days’ notice to you), or to change the rules at our discretion (provided that we will not change the conditions for participation or conditions for being awarded the prize, as stated herein).
13. Rules: By participating in this competition, you agree to all the competition rules set out above, without exception.